Anyone know when the 2006 jerseys arrive?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by irishapple21, Dec 26, 2005.

1. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is MLS going to release them in January? I'm really jonesing for the new Metros jersey.

2. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently a few jerseys will be revealed at the superdraft, big clubs like the Galaxy and the Superclub, and then some smaller ones like DC( :p ), just joking. But seriously the superdraft is the set date for some of the unveilings, but a launch date hasn't been set as far as I know. I'd say maybe the beggining or middle of March, they usually release the jerseys for sale a few weeks before the start of the season.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they delay them all until Houston's are ready? Or will they release the rest of the league and then catch up when Houston's finalized?

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm pretty sure that Adidas is working on a template for the jersey now, with colors to be added later

5. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Metros new uniform has already been designed. Metrofanatic.com released this picture:

[​IMG]

6. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think he was referring to the houston jersey

7. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but all of the jerseys apart from Houston are already designed they just now need to be manufactured for sale. I'd say the Houston jersey will come after the other jerseys.

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it. For the past 10 years the teams in conjunction with their Kit provider have set their own time table--not MLS.

9. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    when is the superdraft?

and 2 clubs that might have their new kits out before march are LA and NE since they are playing in the CCC. Of course I'm only going by what happened last time LA was in the CCC and had a new kit coming out (2003). They did sport the new kit in a home match before the season began.

10. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, since there is only one supplier for this next year and they have had a year to design these (and at least came up with some conditional designs for Houston). I would guess that they will all be unveiled at the super draft. And to determine when they will be available to you and me, ask someone that owns a soccer shop. Ask when they get their spring Adidas order. I would imagine that's when they will be available for the general public. They usually make their orders about 6 months in advance. For example Spring orders are placed in the September/October time frame, fall in April/May and Christmas in June/July. So depending on production and shipping issues, I'm going to guess that they will be avaiable in the March / April time frame, but probably more like May. ;)

11. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    When I called eurosport, they said they expected them in mid february. That would be the absolute earliest I'd expect to even order them.

I wanted to order a bunch for Christmas gifts, but was SOL.

Since I answered the original question, we can now resume showing mock-ups of the metrostar's new kit.

12. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    1-20-2006