Anyone Have a Collection of Old Revs Playoff Broadcasts?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by hollistonrevsfan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was curious if anyone has saved a collection of full game broadcasts from the biggest Revs games in the past.

I’m working on a project of trying to collect full broadcasts of all the biggest Boston sports wins- I have around 250 games saved now (including every Pats playoff win since the merger and every finals win from the other teams dating back to the 70s). I’m planning to give it to my Dad, brother and best friend on a hard drive for Christmas; my Dad especially is going to love it. And obviously I love having them in one place as well, especially if there’s ever a purge on YouTube.

Right now, the Revs aren’t part of my collection since I can’t find much of anything on them beyond the past year or two. I was wondering if someone might have saved any of these games, and if so would be willing to send a file/DVD copy- I’d be happy to discuss trades or purchases:
    2002 – Eastern Conference Finals vs. Crew (legs 2 and 3)
    2005 – Eastern Conference Finals vs. Fire
    2006 – Eastern Conference Finals vs. DC United
    2007 – US Open Cup Final vs. Dallas
    2007 – Eastern Conference Finals vs. Fire
    2008 – Superliga Final vs. Houston
    2014 – Eastern Conference Finals vs. Red Bulls (legs 1 and 2)

I’d also be interested to hear if there were other playoff games/particularly dramatic regular season games floating around, but it would be more than enough if I could just find the Conference/Cup final triumphs.

On the flip side, if anyone is interested in seeing the Pats/Sox/Celts/Bruins/BC collection, PM me and I can send you my list- half of them you could easily find on YouTube but others were harder to obtain (including a few purchases from sports DVD traders) and I’d be happy to send anyone a couple of games on WeTransfer/Google Drive. I did save a lot of them in 360/480p to keep size manageable, so heads up on that if you only like HD videos.

ToMhIlL repped this.
  2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I have this one, but one of the most EPIC games of all time would be the series against the MetroFilth in the snow when we were down a goal int he second half and looking mighty bleak. Then Dempsey scored to tie it and Khano Smith pulled a rabbit out of his hat and scored the winner on an absolute scorcher of a goal!

I remember the highlights of this game somewhere in this forum, but that was one of the most memorable games EVVAH!

3. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will have a look, I'm almost sure I pulled the 2007 USOC final off my old ReplayTV.

hollistonrevsfan repped this.
  4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2004 ECF vs DC was epic. Yes it was a loss as they went on to win the Cup that year but it was one of the most pulsating playoff games in revs history. Agree on the metro game in 2005, leg 2 in Foxboro. You want that one, especially the second half.

NFLPatriot and hollistonrevsfan repped this.
  5. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully someone turns up who happened to save all these games from the 2000s run, sounds like others would want to see them as well. I am honestly struggling to remember anything about that MetroStars game, but I was in college season then so I may never have seen it.

The 2004 DC United game is actually on Youtube, one of the few from that era that is:

NFLPatriot and Doublecard repped this.
  6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Youri Djorkaeff scored for them to give them a 2-goal lead on aggregate and the place was dead quiet. I remember thinking in disbelief that we might actually lost to those #*&^%$@.

7. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ToMhIlL, BrianLBI and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  8. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more shot at this- it sounds like there was a Jeremy Goodwin, who used to trade a lot of MLS playoff game tapes on here from this time period and probably had many of these contests. I tried sending a message, but he hasn't posted on BigSoccer in many years so probably won't see it.

Does anyone remember him, or ever traded/purchased with him? And possibly had an email address or Facebook friends, and could connect us somehow or send my email and ask if he'd be willing to sell some copies? Not trying to ask anyone to share personal info. And who knows if he even still has the collection, I know it's been a long time.

Jon Martin repped this.
  9. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I miss Jeremy, as well as Jim Dow, autogolazo, and others.

A Casual Fan repped this.