Anyone going to the Independence opener on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by OKTerrific, Apr 6, 2010.

1. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking of going to check out the Independence first game on Sunday down in West Chester. Is anyone else planning on going? I think it would be nice if we had a good amount of SoBs/Union fans and supporters turn out for this one.

2. jdux99

jdux99 New Member

May 22, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'll be there. Got season's tickets for Union & Independence. On paper, they have a strong team. Their pre-season games were similar to the Union's - 2 college games (UNC & Penn State) and 1 against Washington Freedom (2 wins and a tie respectively). We have 9 international and National Team players. I agree; it would be great to give them some support as well. None of the home games conflict with the Union games.

3. eccseth

eccseth Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking of going, but haven't fully made up my mind yet.

4. phillypride

phillypride Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to go, but it will be a busy weekend. Still, it's the first ever game, so I'm leaning towards going. Apparently, they finally put together a supporters section ticket plan.

From the Independence Forum:
    I guess it'll be up to us to actually lay claim to an area in the general admission section and make it loud.

I'll commit to going and being loud if others are on board.

5. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its tough with the Union game taking up almost all of my saturday to convince myself to drive to west chester for the Indie game. I would like to make it to at least a few games this season, but they will probabaly weeks that I dont have tickets to the union, or away games.

6. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm going, looking forward to it!

7. amanley

amanley New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Anyone coming from Center City? Want to go, but the 3 hr round trip Septa ride & walk is a little too much. Would pay for gas, etc

8. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may drive up from Maryland to take in the match, particularly since three ex-Freedomites will be on the roster.

9. phillypride

phillypride Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in for sure! I'm a busy guy, so I thought a weekend full of soccer might be a bit too much (the two games plus coaching youth soccer). But, last night's Union game got me so pumped up that there's no way I'd miss today's game. I've been texting friends and should have a decent crew there.

Go Independence!!!

10. VDub2174

VDub2174 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I didn't see this until yesterday :( If I would have known about it I would have gone.

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the Philly season schedule. Now you can know when the home games are so you can check out the team. :D

12. VDub2174

VDub2174 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union