Anyone going to Seattle 6/13

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by NedZ, May 31, 2009.

1. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My wife and I are thinking of flying to Seattle for the June 13th game then staying for a few days to tour around. Is anyone else going, and , if so is there a special section or tickets available?

2. SCQuakes408

SCQuakes408 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Santa Clara, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been posted for a while now that the Ultras are organizing the trip up there. There will be a group of ~50 Quakes fans in section.....212? I cannot recall at the moment. Just go ahead and buy your tickets anywhere in the stadium. We have be assured that Quakes fans will be allowed to emerge into our visitor's section.

3. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks for the info SCQuakes. I scanned the BigSoccer threads before posting, but only the first page so I didn't see the existing thread on the Seattle Game. That weekend just opened up for me today, which is why I am only now considering going, but it does look like tickets will be hard to come by at this late date.

4. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Tickets in our section have been sold out, but buy your tickets in another section and then just stand in the away section.

5. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks sko. Seattle ticket rep tells me it is a total sellout, none left for him to sell, so I'm checking other avenues.

6. OriginalQuakesGal

Oct 4, 2004
    San Jose/Portland
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ned,
    I'm looking for a ticket also. I was just looking at soundersfc.com, they have a link to "Ticket Exchange". You might be able to find something there, higher priced. Hope I can find a ticket too. I'm looking forward to seeing my Quakes friends.
    Dorothy

7. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hi Dorothy! I hope we can see you there. Yes, the ticket exchange is asking for triple and higher amounts for tix. I wonder if a Quakes stadium ticket availability will be able to command that?

8. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm now set and heading to the game in the Ultras section. Thanks, all, for your help.

9. SCQuakes408

SCQuakes408 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Santa Clara, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OI YOI YOI!

We have 50+ people confirmed to be in our section, I believe. while 50/28,000 people is seemingly nothing, I dont think Seattle has had a large group of away supporter's yet. Our boys on the field are going to really enjoy seeing black&blue up in the stands. Hopefully that can translate to them getting a W

10. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any plans for meeting up before the game so we can all march in together?

11. San Jose Ultras

San Jose Ultras New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Richmond, CA
    We will meet at Elysian Fields pub 4-5 hours before the game. It's right next to the stadium. http://www.elysianbrewing.com/Fields.html We had a few drinks there, then we decided to get cheaper liquor from a nearby liqor store and tailgate near the parking lot entrance.

12. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    In case anyone else would like to go but is worried it is too late you should post here and in the Ultras Supporters thread and let people know you are interested. That way if someone bought more than 1 ticket and won't end up using it, or if someone has to back out, their ticket could be used. (That was how I got my tickets). The game is sold out so there are no tix available from Seattle ticket agents, but they do have a Sounders website buy/sell exchange board. There I saw a $95 ticket in the 2nd deck, and some $97 tickets in the Seattle Supporters section behind the goal. There were some much more expensive tickets available there in other parts of the stadium as of yesterday. If you buy those to get into the stadium, I think you can still come into the Ultras section. The Ultras have a hotel ($85-90 I think) and van transportation set if you want to go that route. I'm flying in and yesterday we found Southwest had a flight to Seattle for Saturday AM at $99, with a Wednesday return of about $70 or $80. Also, there is the Silver Cloud Stadium hotel literally right across the street from the stadium which I noticed has an "internet special" rate of $149/night so you might check their website.

13. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    One other avenue to explore for a ticket would be to contact Heather of the Emerald City Supporters Group. She is a really nice person and she and Don Gagliardi of SSV have worked closely together to make the Heritage Cup a reality. Heather has no tickets and her ticket rep has no tickets, but she offered to post on Seattle supporters boards for me to ask if anyone had an extra ticket. If you want her email address let me know at ned@soccersiliconvalley.com
    She makes no promises but might be able to help.