Anyone from the states planning on going to the CL final?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bnijjar, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnijjar

bnijjar New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    I want to go but want to know if anyone else from the states is sorting out a trip.

2. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    There are a few talking about it (judging from my email inbox) but the ticket situation will really be hard. The stadium holds 77,000 but a huge portion are set aside for UEFA types, and then an allotment for the 2 teams. Needless to say, that allotment for each side will likely be smaller than the number of season ticket holders at Highbury, by way of comparison.

I've also heard all Eurostars to Paris are booked that weekend already (unless you want 300 pound first class seats) so it might be quite an effort. But it is a Wednesday game so some might have to work on Thursday.

Good luck.

3. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know people are "forward thinking/planning", and I don't really want to say, "Let's wait until we are there", but Eurostar tickets are about £240 return, (according to a friend of mine from Norway who phoned me last night). Easyjet returning on the Thursday were about £80 just for the return flight, and about £60 going out, depending on what day.
    Ryanair don't fly to Paris, but into Lyon and back on Friday was 1 English penny each way!! (Incl tax made it about £15, but you could take the fast train up to Paris). Personally, "should" we get there, I will probably drive and take the ferry which will be cheaper, so maybe some "A.A." members could "car pool" and rent one. Split 4 (?) ways it would keep the cost down.

4. clockend gooner

clockend gooner New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Minnesota

I am thinking of going, but flights are looking pricing, from the States to Paris.

Does anyone know any cheap flight web sites links etc?

5. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FOR ******** SAKES PEOPLE WE AINT THERE YET!

And if we don't make it, damn, all the people posting these threads will look silly!

6. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Agreed - this is off topic for Arsenal. If you want to talk about the Final the forum to do it is below.

UEFA and Europe