Anyone else find the music at Villanova ANNOYING?!!? [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Aug 17, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Hey you small dicked Vaginova *********************s ----

TURN OFF THE FRIGGIN' MUSIC!!!!

:mad:

P.Diddy
    Lenny Kravitz

C'mon you chodes shut that crap off!!!

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    It is flat out bad. HORRENDOUS!!!

Music is being played DURING play!!!

:rolleyes:

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Eh, it's not a big deal to me. As a fan of the Des Moines Menace, in the PDL, I am used to it. It's frequent at our games.

4. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    hmm...

I cant decide which annoys me more - the music or the thousands of screaming little girls.

Yeah, the screaming little girls annoy me much more. I wish they would be quiet for just one minute.

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I was going to post this earlier ;)

6. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    It SUCKS, but what's worse is...

what's worse is that they have that freakin' Howard the Di... Duck interviewing people and playing games WHILE THE MATCH IS GOING ON!

I was there today, and the music wasn't NEARLY as bad as he was. Players are charging down the end of the field towards the goal and he's busy yapping with Mr. Stupid So and So in the stands or announcing some stupid trivia crap or whatever, but totally inappropriate!!

Out of all the stadiums I've been to, Philly is the WORST for inappropriate nonsense going on during a match.

UGHHH!!!

Oh, and actually AT the game, you really didn't hear many screaming meemies. You DID hear the 300+ strong Freedom entourage singing and screaming for the team the entire match. I was one of them. :) Too bad my posters didn't make in on tv :( I thought they were pretty cool and so did a bunch of people that passed and saw them. Oh well.

Norma

7. judymd

judymd New Member

congratulations - you guys saw a good match today.

and you are right about howard... he is a bane to us who enjoy soccer in philadelphia. Actually, today was one of the worst days for him. when he was throwing tshirts into our section during play, we yelled down at him "we're trying to watch the game - do you mind?" he heard us, because he asked us to repeat ourselves, and then he continued to throw tshirts into our section. i was offended. normally, though, that stuff does not go on during play. very frustrating.

but as to the game - washington played a good game. i think they actually handled the heat better than our charge side.

so good luck next week against the courage!

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    OK for the Hyundai halftime kick they had a guy down there with a mic ..... is that the Howard dude?

9. judymd

judymd New Member

yes, that is howard. he is the very worst part of philadelphia soccer.

10. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    san D panda comes around and passes t-shirts twice a game to two sections, and its actually fun because thats about the only time he bothers you... if your section gets chosen at all. the t-shirts are really great, the 20 dollar ones they sell before the game.

but the announcer is annoying to hell though. ughh.

what does this howard the duck do? i thought you guys had that superwoman thingy.

11. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    the pink music set me off. UGHH. her wailing about how teachers hated her while people were giving it all was just annoying.

they did play elvis though, at a spirit game, "a little less conversation", that was pretty good.

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Now THIS is something that does annoy me at Menace matches. We have our annoucer/mascot throwing stuff out regardless of whats happening on field. For instance in the game where we drew 6,312, during stoppage time where the winning goal was scored, after a bunch of late shots, they start throwing more stuff out. It's definately a distraction.

13. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    hey you know which commericial on PAX I really like? Well, it is not really the commercial, but I really like the music. I really like the music on that Hyundai commercial, where all those townspeople are chasing that car.

Da, da, da da da da da da, da da, da da, da da da da da!

It is such a cool tune!

14. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    BTW, was it really 120 degrees FARENHEIT there?!?!

That is what the announcer on PAX said.

15. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Yeah, I actually think it cooled down a little, but probably not. I don't think they kept the thermometer down there long enough. I believe it was at half they showed the thermometer on the field and it registered about 110.

16. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there, and I can believe it! I've played softball in 100-degree weather, but the heat at Villanova got to me the worst of anything I've experienced. I found a shady spot in the second half and managed to survive there (fortunately near the end where the goal was scored). I couldn't have handled another 45 minutes in the bleachers.

17. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    I managed to survive the whole game in our section, but boy was I spent. Actually, I was spent by halftime. Actually, I might have been spent before kickoff!

The only good side to the music was we used it against their own team, there were three or so different things that came over the PA that we did Freedom cheers to. I've only watched from the goal forward on tape, but in that time they play that da-da-da-DA-da-da! thing they expect a "CHARGE!" response to and you can clearly hear 300 of us shouting 'FREEDOM!" instead. Maybe that will shut the PA up when we come to town at least...

Agreed that the DJ was even worse - if nobody wants him there why is he there?

18. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    You guys did a great job at that game yesterday. I could really hear you on the TV, especially toward the end.

19. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    We were getting pretty tired up to that point (Crusaders were doing some cheers, but not a whole lot of others were joining in), but the goal definitely picked the section up and we were full-voice on anything that happened on the field after that.

20. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I do believe it was still 120 throughout the match. Also most of the people at the games do not like Howard the Duck and I, for one, do not like the music being so loud. I hate that they talk to the audience in the middle of the game! That's almost as bad as talking to the coach in the middle of the game.

21. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    i agree, most charge fans detest the duck and he is a major issue between the fans and managment. (he had to go so far to go into NC once to plea that we dont attack him personally, instead attack his job, since hes only doing what murphy hired him to do...i understand, i had a similar posistion with a baseball team.)

i did NOT like the musical intros

and before you complain about the music, there is something you must know...

it used to be MUCH MUCH worse...its gotten better every game, now they just play chants, they used to play whole songs...hopefully next year both the duck and music will be a thing of the past

as for the weather...120 on the turf...air temp a toasty 100+ i was pretty spent at 20 mins. I was trying my best to go after the crusaders but only 8 of us and 300 of them. we use bells not drums...and well i think the atmosphere was very good...despite the music and quack man.

22. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    What's worse...

A) Listening to the crap at Villanova.

or

B) Listening to the crap spewing out of Tommy Stone's mouth each match.

:D

23. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    FearM9 - has anyone told you that you are the most obsene, blunt person they have ever met? I like it!