Anyone else drooling?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by mnthunder, Nov 7, 2003.

1. mnthunder

mnthunder Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Guatemala
    Just looked at the FSW schedule and am happy to report that I won't be doing anything productive this weekend. FA Cup, excellent EPL line-up and a good MLS match.

Can't wait.

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Not to mention two decent Bundesligia matches, Frankfort v Stuttgart on Saturday and Bayern Munich v Borrusia Dortmund on Sunday....both live. Both Stuttgart and Bayern have shown well in the Champions League and they are fighting it out for the top spot in the Bundesligia.

Annnnnnnnnddddd, if you have GolTV, Saturday is kind of lame, but Sunday....wooooo Mama:

Parma v Inter live
    Juventus v Udinese live
    Roma v Lazio delay
    Barcelona v Real Betis delay
    Sevilla v Real Madrid delay

If you have both channels, and are so inclined, you could watch top flight European football and an MLS playoff match from 8 am until 11:30 pm with not more than an hour of downtime. Holy Crap thats a lot of soccer.

3. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    With the MLS Shootout Package, Gol TV, and FSW...

if I wasn't married already, I probably never would be.

Really though, all this soccer on allll day long every weekend has made me into a sort of snob. I'm only going to try and watch Liverpool-ManUtd and Roma-Lazio.

Why anything else when you've got the best?

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Hey....are you implying that the Yeovil Town v Wrexham FA Cup game on Saturday is NOT a match up of Titans????

5. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    LOL! :D

I know what you mean. When I first got my Dish, I greadily watched every game I could, taping a lot of them if my familial duties would interfere with the broadcast. (I love my wife and kids, really) Now, after having gotten used to this wealth of soccer on TV, I am more discerning about which game I will tune into. Which is amazing that I can tell which games have promise. You can really compress years of soccer education through viewing into a short period of time here.

I love to show the online schedule to soccer haters and point out that there is as much soccer on air in the US as practically any other sport. Sometimes I tune into Gol just to hear the broadcasters speak with familiarity about the relative strengths and weaknesses of Bolivian and Peruvian players. It amazes me that this is happening.

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

line of the day. :)

i came over here to start a thread entitled, "anyone else getting sick of all the rugby on FSW recently?" but i can see it wouldnt make much sense.

7. mnthunder

mnthunder Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Guatemala
    well, my parades been rained on. i'm still excited about a weekend of good soccer on fsw, but i'll be jealous of those who can be snobbish.

one day i'll be old and married. then i'll be able to allocate bar money toward a better television package.

until then i'll be happy to wake up at 0630 and watch wolves v. birmingham with an ungodly hangover.

heres to a weekend of good soccer on tv.

Cheers!

8. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Hi guys, i'm sure none of you watch French football, but there's a big game on FSW Sunday at 5:30pm: Marseille-Lyon, so you should check it out.

There will be some high quality players duking it out like Juninho, Elber, Carriere, Govou, Edmilson, Christanval, Drogba, Mido, Van Buyten, Marlet etc.
    Plus the atmosphere should be nice with 60,000 fans.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Don't forget River-Boca on Sunday.

2:00PM ET live on Fox Sports en Espanol.

8:00PM ET tape on Fox Sports World.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'll be watching this one.... I like my commentary spoken in some sort of English... :D

11. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Anyone else drooling?

Max just about meets that requirement!
    Only kidding - MB is perfect for this theater.

12. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is nothing wrong with a good French League match. I try to watch the French match every week.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a freaking awesome weekend!

Bundesliga Stuttgart kicking ass
    Dutch league PSV weekly show
    MLS playoff
    EPL big match
    Bundesliga big match
    MLS Playoff
    MLS Playoff
    French league Superclassico
    Argentina Superclassico

I need more tv's and Tivo for weekends like this.

14. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Cool, this one should be an entertaining one. Enjoy.

By the way, the game is actually being shown at 6pm everyone, not 5:30.

15. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I know this is all about Fox Sports, but while we're on the subject of classic matchups, there's another one this weekend...

1:00 PM ET Club America vs. Chivas Guadalajara, live on Univision

THE Mexican Super Clasico!

And to think they'll both have clubs in MLS eventually should make all of you even more interested in the match.

See the future NOW!!

16. Dave141

Dave141 Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Washington, NJ
    panicfc,

Not that a Stuttgart win would be all that big of a surprise, but I hope that when I watch my tape of Saturday's FSW Bundesliga match I don't find that anyone "kicked ass" and won the match fairly easily.

Because that would kind of defeat the purpose of taping the thing, and going out of my way not to find out the outcome before I had a chance to watch the video.

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Dave, I meant that they are top of the league and playing well. I would have said the same about a Bayer match as well.

I find both teams fun to watch.

18. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    "i came over here to start a thread entitled, "anyone else getting sick of all the rugby on FSW recently?" but i can see it wouldnt make much sense."

Your complaint will be heard loud and clear this weekend, when all the Euro leagues are on an international break. That means no football for us yanks, as no one but the PPV hogs show those games. So, its all rugby this weekend on FSW, except for one MLS playoff match and Brazilian league game. Oh well, I'm pretty full from this weekend, that ought to hold me over.

19. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there ANY way we could convince FSW to show yesterday's Quakes - Galaxy match this week? I know a ton of people who would watch and tape it. Game of the year, and according to Bruce Arena who was in attendance, it was the best match in MLS history. Deserves to be shown on TV, I think...

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Quaker,
    That is an excellent idea. I'm sure if you wrote to the fellas at FSW they would at least listen. I know they have that Fox Populi thingamachig where you can call in your suggestions. I'm sure you can find some contact info on FSW.com. Be sure to update us if you hear anything.