Anyone been to New Zealand?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by bostonf4lyf, Oct 31, 2007.

1. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    thinking of going...i just want some insight if you guys got any

2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to. An old family friend from Connecticut originally, got a job down at <a href="http://www.otago.ac.nz">University of Otago</a> in Dunedin and seemed to really like it. It seeems to have a much milder climate than Oz. He and his wife had to move, and are now in Seattle, which apparently resembles NZ climatewise.

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spent some time on the north island some years back, for a couple of days and nights, and I found it strikingly beautiful. Rolling hills for all around, and just so much natural beauty. The nightlife in Auckland and Wellington is pretty decent, too.

Highly recommended -- and one of these days, my wife and I will have to go back there for an extended visit.

If I had to choose between Auckland and Wellington for the whole package, go to Wellington. That also puts you in close proximity to the south island, too.

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You can spend a week doing each island. I've only been around the South Island- twice, and you must go to Christchurch, Dunedin, Te-Anau, Milford, Mt Cook, Queenstown, Fox & Franz Josef and back through the mountains.

If you want to party, just stick to Queenstown, if you want to see beautiful scenery, then go to the places I've mentioned above!

Gets cold during winter- read snow- so I'd recommend anytime in between Nov to March to go, unless you want to fit in some skiiing as well.

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went for two weeks several years ago. Loved it, I'd go back in a heartbeat. I spent about a week on each island but it didn't feel like nearly enough time to fully explore the place (the country is about the size of California.)