Anyone been this close to becoming a Professional Footballer.

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Mel B, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Signed for Boro, Newcastle and Sunderland wanted me, played against Liverpool boys, Scored a hat-trick, photo took with Peter Beardsley, Mick Harford, Wilf Mc'Guiness. Tournament in Holland, for England, playing against Scotland, Holland, France, Germany. Zenden and Janker played, Zenden was shite. Beat Holland twice, 8 - 0 and 11 - 0. Not to worry though, i'm just interested if anyone else had a chance to make it.

2. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    What happened? Pot?

3. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Car bumper at 70 mph. Coma and ********, not to worry though.

4. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Good luck son.

5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Played for a year as a 14 year old with the Guingamp (France) youth. Was a D3 All-Region player, then went on to the PDL, spent time in the A-League before a busted hammy stopped the dream.

6. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thats unlucky fella. Lifes a bitch and then you marry one.

7. Pazarius

Pazarius New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    England
    And you managed to perform with the rest of the spice girls while in this coma?

Now that I remember the music, it all makes sense...

8. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Eh, what you on about. I was 12 at the time.

Taxi for Pazarius.
    Tim Lovejoy.
    Back of the net.
    1 - 0.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So, erm, tell us more about this England youth game in Holland that you won 8-0 ... that sounds amazing.

10. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I had a piss next to Bobby Moore in a pub loo once, nearest I got!

11. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Against Holland, i scored a couple and had a perfectly good header, ruled offside. I just think the officials were a bit pissed off because we were hammering the favorites.

We won the Sphinx Cup, held in Maastricht, Holland. The back end of May 89. Beat West Germany in the final 3 - 1. Whats written on the Cup is in Dutch. But here goes. Maastricht 27 - 28, Mei 89 vv De Heeg D - Toernooi. Is that alright Scouser or shall i nick you a video. Hey Hey Calm Down Calm Down

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thats class, i would have pissed on his leg.

13. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got scholarships to play in three different colleges but in 1991 there was no league to shoot for and the grunge music wave was picking up steam. So I practised with Washington University's DIV II team for a while but I couldn't bring myself to go jogging at 6 AM every morning and leaving my female catch of the night in a warm college dorm room. So there went any chance at a career for footy and in came beer, the added pounds, and MLS years later to rub my nose in the poop. I support US soccer from top to bottom, I love this game even though I grew up with NFL and MLB left and right. I always thought soccer was a team chessmatch and that not just any idiot off the street can play it.

14. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Dude, if you had the chance to make it then why didnt you. No woman or beer would have got in the way of my career, just so happens i had a scap with a car. Unlucky.

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh, right. So when you said "for England", you didn't actually mean you were playing for an FA England side, you were just the English club side in a club tournament featuring competitors from various nationalites. Shame, I thought you were talking about a real England game. An 8-0 tonking of a Dutch junior national side would have been quite some story to tell!

A video? Where do you live, the Gateshead end of "Newcastle Brown Std"? We all moved on to DVD's ages ago, out here in the First World.

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a top Competition, Boudwiin Zenden and Carsten Janker both played. Janker scored an absolute beauty to put West Germany in the lead. But we came good in the end. Gateshead are still using Betamax, the numptys.

17. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So were Zenden and Jancker playing for PSV and Rostock youth respectively? And Jancker must have seemed HUGE to you then, given that you were 12 and he was 15. I mean, he's huge now, but was he the same as a kid? You must have been well pissed off to be made to play 15-year olds at that age. Didn't your coaches complain about that? I know I would have done. Brave of you.

18. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was (probably) very good when I was 12, too :rolleyes:

Cap me, Bruce.

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And another thing - I've just realised you were talking about playing West Germany. But then you said it was May 1989. Carsten Jancker was, until November 1990, a citizen of the German Democratic Republic (or East Germany, as it was more commonly known).

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Hey Mel B, are you related to Wildman, by any chance? Nephew maybe? I do hope he gives you pointes on finding sweet hot pvssy online.

21. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I'm not aguing. It was a under 12's comp. The managers had to submit an official team sheet. Germany's sheet had Carsten Janker on, i saw it myself. He is in the right age bracket, was very skillful, so i asume it was Carsten Janker. On the Boudwiin Zenden front. Masstricht was the town he was born in and he is also in the right age bracket. Jeez.

22. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It was the same when i played Liverpool boys. I still scored a hatrick. My brothers are 6 years older than me, and when we played footy, i skinned there mates. Stop it now please. I do not have to prove myself to nobody. I have the Spinx cup. I have the photos. So please, go and hide somewhere you scouse twat. Theres a good lad.

23. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, I knew you were lying from the outset of course, but as clinchers go, this takes some beating ...

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would scrap any career for a night with Lindsey Lohan and beer...though, she would need the beer, not me.

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Whatever.