Anyone actually play?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by soccer_is_life, May 18, 2005.

1. soccer_is_life

soccer_is_life New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Hey all,

Does anyone here play competetive soccer at all? Are you all just fans (which is fantastic by the way). If you do play competetive soccer and are playing in a team, is your team going to the San Diego tourny for labor day weekend?

2. yzf_bloodhound

Aug 2, 2004
    I used to play in various teams (clubs + schools) up untill I was 18... I actually played for a U21 team when I was 16; then it turned into more of a hobby so every now and then I go kick the ball ... ... ...

3. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Ive played all my life just sunday league. Our last match was a few weeks ago as we've become big boys now!

under 18 footbal was good. Ill probably play for my uni later on or something, nothign mroe than that. :cool:

4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Wow, another Houstonian!
    I played in a few Sunday leagues, now taking on a more management role trying to create a co-ed team for the Sunday leagues over at bear creek park. Just play for fun now.

5. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I have been managing a company team in an amateur league for now about 8 years. That's the only way I can get a decent playing time. :D

I am seriously thinking about retiring for good (I am over 40 years old) because I no longer can play at the level that I can be proud of. I also get injured a lot more often, and it takes much longer to recover. :eek:

All you young pups ... play as much as you can while you can. :cool:

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well I play in university and I’m basically the best player in whole software engineering (wow what an achievements :rolleyes: )... on a serious note I kind of gave up on outdoor and completely adapting to indoor now... I'm a technical player so it's always fun to play indoor or smaller fields in general!

use to be in a club back in Iran when I was 14... :p

7. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    since i live in canada i hardly get to play. :rolleyes:
    but since i love the game so much i even play alone if i have to. i was in a league but im never joining a league again cause everyone sucks in it.

8. AliOlia

AliOlia New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    yes......very

9. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL
    i played for UIC (U of illinois, Chicago) for a semester, but the coach is an A hole so i got outa there. they have curfew for the weekends( at dorms by 11) and also the practices were at 5:30 am.
    anyways now i play in the minors league indoor and outdoor. but i like indoor better b/c u actually run and feel like u do sth.

10. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    w00t! UIC! Just saying hi from down south at UIUC!

Our soccer leagues down here suck. :rolleyes:

But we do have three divisions with promotion and relegation.

11. reefur

reefur Member

Jan 26, 2005
    www.reefur.com
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i also love playing indoor.....very very fun...if i didnt do that every sunday id be a fat turd... :D

12. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I used to play for Montreal NDG AAA. Now I play in Montreal's African League for the Morrocan senior selection Rajaa.

13. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    thats a big tournment, lots of iranian teams go to it. im 16, but i play wit the guys who usually go to that tourney. Their team name is huma or something like that. They dont do that well though.

14. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL

same here! so i no how u feel. i always thought U of I was much beta than uic. but the guys in our league are cool so that makes up for it, a lttl.
    anyways, good luck peace.

15. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    I play in a sunday league now, the league is over this weekend, and it s coed so not as fun and cmpetetive as it should be, and Tex I m looking forward for ur team, u r managing the bigsoccer lets see how u ll manage a soccer team.

I agree,2 years ago I gave up on outdoor soccer and went to indoor, its really fun. I still like indoor more than outdoor, but you really have to be in shape to keep up playing indoor.

16. "TITO"

"TITO" New Member

May 7, 2005
    HAMBURG
    I used to play for HSV a short time. I played till I was 18,. I had to quick because of a big knee injury..... :(

17. Espiro

Espiro Member

Dec 9, 2001
    Wie heißt du? Ich komm auch aus Hamburg.

18. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    So u must of played wit ur buddy amir.

19. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    I play for an amature club here in Holland. And yesterday we had a high school tournament of our city. We become second after losing with penalty :(

20. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    nice job, pro poker plays on an english team he's 17.

21. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I used to play on the highschool team, now I play in a university league, and I will soon be playing with some Latino team in the city league here.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you have organized leagues for kids and youth players in Iran ?

And how are your soccer fields?

23. Aria-IRAN

Aria-IRAN Member

Nov 11, 2004
    PERSIAN GULF
    We have more 4000 football school and we have league for U-10 ,U-12, U-14 ,U-17 and our fields are not great but now getting much better

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sounds good, what do your fields look like ? Gravel pitches ?

25. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Depends what level of play you are at, if you are just playing with friends, or in a local league, chances are you will play on a gravel pitch , or in the alley. If you play on a decent team (whether it be senior, youth level...) you will most likely be playing on a grass field, even though it could be in terrible condition.