Anybody know the latest on Obi Mikel....

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by MANUTDGAL, Jun 30, 2005.

1. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    After watching him play for Nigeria during the under 21
    championships I know one thing for sure. WE MUST GET HIM....
    What an incredibly talented young man...:) :eek:

2. manuniked

manuniked Member

Oct 26, 2004
    New York
    There is no way back after the things he has said, I think it's just about compensation now. He would have been a great asset though...

from bbc....

"Fifa is expecting Nigeria's John Mikel Obi to explain his role in the transfer dispute between Chelsea and Manchester United by next Monday.

Obi is at the centre of an astonishing tug-of-war between the two English Premiership sides.

The 18-year-old signed a contract to join United from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo in April but has since claimed that he was made to sign the deal against his will.

He has since indicated his desire to play for Chelsea instead.

Andreas Herren, head of Fifa's media department, said the row - prompted by a report from United and Norwegian club Lyn Oslo - is far from being settled.

"We are waiting for the player's position on 4 July," Herren told BBC Sport on Wednesday.

"No decision is likely to come in the near future, at least as long as we do not have the player's statement on this matter."

Obi is currently playing for Nigeria at the World Youth Championship in Holland.

The Nigerians face Argentina in the final on Saturday."

3. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    anyone know of a video online that shows what hes all about...since ive never seen him in actiooooon

4. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    he's tasty, but he's also a complete knob. After the things he has said, I'm not sure he'd be a great asset....could be a "negative nancy", if you know what I mean.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I'd love to see the first meeting between Mikel and Roy Keane - no matter which team he gets to play for lol...

"Why the fook didn't you want to come play for United, you fooking twat?"

6. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    why anyone young determined player would want to play for chelsea is beyond me.. :rolleyes:

7. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City

I wonder if Van Persie will get any more playing time in prison?

;)

I've wanted to make a Van Persie joke for a while.

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *shuts eyes, deep breath*

If Nancy doesn't want to play for United, we'll just sell him to the highest bidder and make a tidy profit.

9. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Lol. thank you. i have been waiting for someone to break out a van persie joke.

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Oh great, another L'Enfant Terrible... :rolleyes:

11. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Isn't that French? I didn't know he wanted to play for Arsenal now... ;) :D

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Funny you should say that, seeing as it means the terrible child, which was used to describe Nicolas Anelka, who played for Arsenal. ;)

13. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City

This all seems very appropriate, especially when you consider the Wenger chant:

With a pocket full of sweets and a cheeky smile, Arsene Wenger is a ********ing pedophile.

:D

14. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    One of my fave's. :D

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    LOL Awww, come now mad. You know full well Ranieri ignored the youth teams - that's why we don't have anyone in the program at the moment. That's what Mourinho's working on. :)
    Learn to love it. :)

16. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If the United version of the story is to be believed I don't want the ********, you don't sign for one then team then say you did it under duress when the another team allegedly offers more money. Christ, even if the death threats stories are to be believed all he has to is call the Greater Manchester Police, they're pretty handy with their battons so I'm sure he'd be protected.

If the Chelsea version is to be believed I still don't want him, even if he's forced into being a United player there's no point in keeping someone who doesn't want to be there IMO. I don't think he'd win over the other players, he certainly won't be winning me over and I'm sure many other fans feel the same way.

My guess is he'll end up at Chelsea, maybe we'll get some compensation which will probably go straight into the hands of a certain bank who are owed a considerable amount of money.

Either way we lose, Chelsea, you're welcome to him.

17. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    yeah...the situation just seems a bit too ridiculous. and really, unless you're from london, who really dreams of playing for chelsea? and really, how much "duress" can a football club put you under? if you don't sign with us...what? are they going to break his knee-caps? it's not he's dealing with a criminal organization.

either way, from what i've seen of the kid, i don't see anything that special. a big kid with loads of physical talent. but, somehow, not that impressive.

18. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with Achtung, to hell with Chelsea put him up for auction, Ok if he dosnt want to play for ManUtd is one thing, but there is no reason why we should give him to Chelsea on a silver platter.
    After his impressive performaces at the world Youth cup I think 10 million would suffice, and there should be a lot of interest.

19. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    I dont want his ugly face on my team... those Nigerians on the youth team are ugly!

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You must be a female then. LOL. I hope you are.

We will see what will happen on Monday which is tommorow. Fifa will talk to him

21. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Oga, now why you de talk that 'bout Nigeria man?

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Dont Mind am. She/He neva holla! De Craze?

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Me, I dey try O. Me i no be Nigerian