Anybody here ever heard of Branko Boskovic?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Mattbro, May 27, 2010.

1. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branko_Bošković

He has played for Rapid Vienna for the past few yeasr and has a pretty good pedigree. Apparently PSG once signed him to replace Ronaldinho, for what that's worth. In any case, he has been involved in contract negotiations with Rapid for the past couple of months and is claiming (or at least his managers are) that he is being offered 800,000 euros before taxes to play in MLS. I suspect this to be complete fantasy and a negotiating trick, because that's DP money (just under a million bucks), and what MLS club would be willing to pay Branko Boskovic DP money? He's good, but he's kinda underperformed here, and on top of that surely there is no MLS city with a Montenegran population that would justify his signing.

2. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    No one has any thoughts on this? Here is the original article from the Vienna Kurier, in case anyone wants to read it in German:

http://kurier.at/sport/fussball/2004529.php

I'll translate the relevant paragraph:

See, they're talking about this like it's a done deal, although I presume the information this is based on comes from his agents.

But if there is any truth to this, who could possibly be offering him that much? RBNY? Is he worth a third DP salary to them? Keep in mind that Beiersdorfer is plenty familiar with him from the Austrian league, but since he underperformed for most of the season I cannot imagine why they would want to use a possible third DP spot on Branko Boskovic and not a higher-profile player.

3. looknohands

looknohands Member+

Apr 23, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fear of flying? There's no way he'd sign here, then.

4. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly, your right because out of any league in the world you would probably have to fly the most in MLS

5. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Isnt he one of the Bond Villians. lol