Anybody coming to the Rosebowl for the Victory Tour this weekend

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Stevie Blue, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Stevie Blue

Stevie Blue Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Aug 10, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are coming to town for the Victory Tour game at the Rosebowl Saturday, August 3rd, you should join the American Outlaws for their tailgate in the parking lot. Look for the flags and banners. We are making tacos.

Also, the American Outlaws are hosting their traditional Night Before the Game Party on Friday night. Members and non-members are welcome. The NB4 is at Barney's Beanery in Pasadena.

Barney's Beanery

99 East Colorado Blvd.
    Pasadena, CA 91105
    7pm PT - ???

2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet! I'll be at the Rose Bowl myself personally since I wasn't able to afford the trip to France.

Semblance17 repped this.
  3. Stevie Blue

Stevie Blue Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Aug 10, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come to the Night Before Party and meet some of your new soccer friends.

Semblance17 repped this.
  4. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Since when did Pasadena get a Barney’s Beanery ?

I’d love to come but in in Blighty..
    Meh..

5. Stevie Blue

Stevie Blue Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Aug 10, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About 10 years ago. I have never been there. I have only been to the original in WeHo.

6. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Kind of curious what the roster will look like with so many USWNT 1st team players slotting back into their NWSL teams.

I know there will be no Rapinoe or Morgan (injures) but who else of the star players are on club duty?

7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Is this a joke?

Semblance17 repped this.
  8. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    #8 zdravstvuyte, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    What?
    Why would the post be a “joke”. ?
    No... you may have better info than I do .
    If so....Pony up puttputt

9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    The players are in LA for a victory tour game. The USWNT players don't play for a club first and nation second. They are full time employees of USSF. Simply put, Victory Tour>>>NWSL for those with contracts.

Semblance17 repped this.
  10. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Ah... must have got some bad intel then...
    Sorry for the confusion

11. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Hmmm my intel was good after all... imagine that.

12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure glad I didnt pay to watch that mess. 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Ireland was too weak to even get out of their own end and we still had trouble scoring. Cant wait for this $$$$ tour to end.
    I am wondering why they rolled Rapinoe out on the field to disrespect the Anthem when she was never going to play? I did notice that she stood alone though. Cant wait for her to disappear. Hope the new coach or US Soccer gets tough on this stuff. I dont go to games to see people protest the cause de Jour. Do that on your own time. The one player that stood up for what she believed was banished from the team. Why the double standard?

13. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Is Pugh in the dog house or something? Is she injured? Looking at the box score, I saw she was one of 3 players other than Rapinoe and Morngan not used. Even Long played....

14. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Never mind. Apparently she picked up a knock and got ruled out last minute.

15. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Full ESPN broadcast complete with copious commercial breaks.

jackdoggy and Semblance17 repped this.
  16. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I got around to watching the US/Ireland game finally. I didn't watch it live as sort of a (weak) protest against a meaningless friendly interfering with the NWSL.

My mistake. It was a really fun and emotional game. Ireland was just good enough to keep the game interesting, but not good enough to cause angst.

Looking back at the World Cup, my number one worry was that O'Hara or Dunn would get hurt and that we lacked adequate replacements for them. Krieger's late arrival to the team somewhat reassured me.

I also didn't favor Lavelle being in the starting lineup. I favored a midfield of Ertz, Horan, and Mewis. It's not that I don't like Lavelle. It's that I thought she was too fragile to be counted on and would best be a super-sub.

I haven't been a Christian Press fan -- but she's persuaded me in 2019 that she's quality. I always saw her as classy and stylish but lacking the grit to be a great player. Moreover, I didn't think she was much good on the wing, and was only good as a center forward. Well, she's learned to play the wing. and looks likely to me to be the replacement for Rapinoe in a year or so.

I was also worried that age and injuries might catch up with the US front line at the World Cup, but Rapinoe, Morgan, and Heath held up well enough.

Regarding the Ireland game, I would only comment that Sam Mewis has a vulnerable nose. She's a woman who bleeds (literally and frequently) for her team.

blissett repped this.
  17. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Great assessment Smallchief.
    Sam thanks you for your concern. !!

18. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I watched it yesterday as well. All I can say is that I hope Lloyd continues to pressure for playing time once Jill Ellis leaves, especially for an Olympic roster spot. She clearly has more in the tank, and she’s playing at a much higher level than Morgan is. It will be interesting a year from now, but I’d start Lloyd any day of the week at this point over her. Her air game is superior, and she’s always creating chances, despite her being slower than Morgan. Even if Morgan is able to stretch defenses, her end result is poor - either creating the final opportunity or finishing.

19. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "she stood alone though." From what I saw Rapinoe stood with her teammates at the front of the line during the anthem. She faced the flag but, as has been her usual, she did not sing the anthem nor did she put her hand on her heart. What is your thought about Jozy Altidore when he doesn't sing or put his hand on his heart?

As to your comment about "rolled Rapinoe out on the field"; this was part of a celebration of a team that won the World Cup. Rapinoe, like her not, is a part of that team. The event had a bigger meaning than just playing another friendly against hapless competition. Perhaps that concept is above your level of comprehension.

Rapinoe really gets under your skin, doesn't she? For someone that wishes for her to go away you sure do spend a lot of time talking about her. Methinks that any woman that has a strong opinion likely bothers you. If you want her to go away, stop talking about her.

20. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Strange request.

I was at the Republic of Ireland game in the Rosebowl. Does anyone know if actual physical tickets were printed? Mine was on my phone. I didn't see any sales outlets on the day. Were they all "print at home" or mobile tickets?

Happy to buy a real ticket if anybody still has one.