Any Rumors On Barcelona coming to the Bay Area to play the Quakes?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Korsaaven, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I asked David Alioto after the last home game if Bonus Game B would be against Spurs specifically, he said "no". To be fair, he followed that by saying that if he told me, he'd have to kill me.

2. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm admittedly of the only-one-favorite-team crowd, but is anyone here going to be super stoked if Barcelona plays here in an exhibition "match?"

3. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( :( :(

4. SF13

SF13 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rodeo, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the date on the Bonus Game B ticket is meant to be accurate, then it really couldn't be a European team in November.

5. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My Bonus Game B tickets have no date printed on them. What date are you referring too?

6. TheCityQuake

TheCityQuake Member

May 2, 2008
    New York, New York
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if I'd want to see Barcelona here in the bay area. One look at Iniesta and all those bad memories of last wednesday will come flooding back, and no one likes seeing a grown man cry.

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a Spaniard. So what?

8. AndrePirloRules

Jan 11, 2008
    Actually Andres Iniesta is a Catalunyan not a Spaniard.

9. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot about those two places...

I mentioned the Stick because there has been precedent for that but that place is very archaic even by soccer standards but that's for another day. ;)

Right now, it will be a major shock if Barcelona actually played the Quakes. Given how the Quakes are playing right now, it could be a major blowout with Barcelona running amok!

10. Korsaaven

Korsaaven New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    The B game might be against FC Gold Pride

11. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why the Quakes won't be playing Barca. Even if we were in top form the game would be a tough loss at best. With the Quakes in their current state it would be a pitiful blowout.

And Candlestick isn't just archaic by soccer standards, it's archaic, and awful by the standards of all sports. Infact I'd go so far as to say design wise, it's the worst stadium in the United States if not North America. I mean just look at it from above, since expansion in 1971 it's no longer designed to handle any sport.

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as long as it's not against the Washington Freedom and Abby Wambach. I told you we should have signed her at forward.

13. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather watch Barcelona in a training session than watch them play the Quakes.

14. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how about this...arsenals first team vs our first team.

HAHAHAH hahahahahahahahahahah OMG imma submit that to comedy central maybe it could win worlds greatest joke.

lmao if barca played...messi i belive playes for barca?......he alone would kill us...im saying just HIM on the field no other teammates...

we should play some u-18 team

de anza force select perhaps?

15. SF13

SF13 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rodeo, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ticket that reads Thu Nov 12 2009 7:00 PM.

16. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I had no idea that the date was set. My ticket just says Bonus Game B where the date should be. Thanks for the info.

17. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my B ticket has no date

18. AndrePirloRules

Jan 11, 2008
    I think it sucks that SEATTLE SOUNDERS fans get to watch their team play against big clubs like CHELSEA and FC BARCELONA, while we watch our Quakes play some team from El Salvador (I forgot the name already)...I'm so effen jealous towards sounders fan.

19. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If you care that much about seeing soccer pop stars, go be fans of those teams. Enough with the Seattle envy. They're the green ones (har har).

20. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. I'd rather not watch the Quakes lose to two top international teams in the midst of the latter half of the season thanks.

Seattle is welcome to get their butts kicked though.

21. AndrePirloRules

Jan 11, 2008

You have to be a narrow minded football fan to say you don't care about seeing big clubs like Barcelona and Chelsea. My whole family is a Barca fan through and through, since day one. I think IF the Quakes does face Barca or Chelsea and lose, it will be a lesson learn,come or don't come at all. Hopefully it will raise their standard of play. You call them "soccer pop stars" and there are damn good reasons why. Do you work for the Quakes? Coz I don't really know how in the world a REAL football fan can say they're not delighted to see big honorable clubs such as Barca. Stop Hatin.

22. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I'm a real football fan, and I would like to see Barcelona play. But not against the Quakes in the middle of our season. Unfortunately, the way our two leagues work, that would be the only way that they would play against us. So therefore, no I wouldn't want to see Barcelona against the Quakes.

23. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Why does it matter if it's in the middle of our season or not? Playing against a top team should be welcomed whenever scheduling works out. Should they just cancel Bonus games that are played during the season?

24. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Coldplay can win a ********ing Grammy but I won't go see them in concert. I'll stick with the bar show down the street. I guess this means I don't love music.

25. AndrePirloRules

Jan 11, 2008
    Good for you. Buddy.;)