Any other way to get further in your game???

Discussion in 'Player' started by JacopeX, Mar 2, 2008.

1. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I am 16 years old and at the moment, I am playing indoor league due to the weather. :)

I was unable to play for highschool two years in a row for personal reasons and I am now entering my last year. I have just found out that I was suppose to play high school all four years with State rep as an all star to be accepted into a college team. So I guess thats over and done with for me. :mad:

How ever, is there any other way I can be noticed? What is the best kind of leagues I should play for to get further and play in higher clubs depsite playing in college and getting drafted?

2. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Tryout for a PDL team? I don't know for sure but I think that is a choice, if you are really good.

3. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Your 16 and a senior wow. I would search the internet for clubs in your area, find out when the tryouts are and go to as many as you can. The more clubs you try out for the better chance you have of making one. Also you could try to go to some college camps.

Most colleges on their soccer website have some type of form to fill out to let the coach know you are interested in there program. You basically fill out information about yourself and soccer experience, this is something you could do to. Look around at college sites that you may want to attend and fill out this form if there is one.

Here is an example.

http://wsuraiders.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/prospective-form.html

4. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Remember there is a difference between getting noticed and making a team. Being an all star high school player just gets you noticed. There are also more college teams than just Division 1.

5. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    walk on in a good college. if your really that good then they will take you and if you aint then dont waste your time

6. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Actually, I am still a Junior. I did not get to play this year since I have just transfered to another school late. I have a chance to tryout for the high school team next year. But I still wonder if their is anyway I can get further in the game.

You can be a walk in? How so?

7. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    In Canada, we have showcase tournaments where you enter either with your school team or with your club team and scouts from schools and small teams around the world come and scout players.

If you can find one of these with your team you could potentially get an offer from a school or maybe even a lower division club over seas.

8. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Look for a college camp over the summer and try to go to a few.

9. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Look for camps or high profile club teams. The majority of college recruiting comes from ODP teams and youth showcase tournaments. Most scouting at the high school level isn't done at high school games because the level of play and player can vary so drastically that sometimes there isn't really an accurate gauge of a player's skill level.