Any other links saying we're getting Maldini?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by BrooklynGladiator, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BrooklynGladiator

BrooklynGladiator New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    big up to Brooklyn
    i saw the link on the metrofanatic rumor mill and wanted to know if anyone saw anything else. paolo maldini for a season or two would be incredible, he is ageless

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i found it interesting Maldini's name was mentioned because not a week or so ago when we picked up Suarez from waivers Bradley sat down with him and made him watch a tape of Maldini and expressed his admeration of MAldini and how he was the consumate profesional. Bradley certianly has a boner for Maldini.

3. jolysaddler

jolysaddler New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Walsall, England
    maldini would be an excellant signing for the metro's!

as gladiator said the guy is ageless, he was never quick so has learnt to read the game so well he can play till he's 50, well nearly.

to have him, weah and youri in the team alongside some youngsters-lisi, regan, magee, gaven and ibrahim (notice no mention of bradley!) would be very good for a couple of years.

metro's for the championship? they seem to be looking at more players than anyone else so why not?

4. One Clean Sheet

One Clean Sheet New Member

Jun 9, 2005
  5. jolysaddler

jolysaddler New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Walsall, England
    yeah, george weah. i heard loads of rumours about him coming to the metro's in the not too distant future, dont know if its still on, i was just makig a point.

not sure how fit or how much use he would be anyway, the metro's have enough strikers now.

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Yeah man. Can't forget about Baggio and Maradona. Heard Pele's on his way up too. Dunno what that's all about. Coaching maybe?

7. jolysaddler

jolysaddler New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Walsall, England
    striker10, i was only saying what i heard from numerous sources. i didnt make it up myself.

8. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I know...I'm just kiddin...I've read those rumors myself.

9. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    No matter how old he is he would still be good. Hey, get his father to coach the team he probably bring back man to man.

10. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
  11. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

there's been rumors for years about that. Weah's ex?-wife is American and they lived in New York during the off-season. It never happened because he got a better offer from the middle-east and he wanted more money than we were willing to give him