Any New Fans!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by momentum, Apr 7, 2004.

1. momentum

momentum New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    I am just coming into MLS and Soccer but am very psyched and really wish there was more soccer to watch or read about. I am just learning but I am wiling to take it all in. I live in KC so I root for the Wizards but I am really hoping to watch lots of soccer. I loved the 2 gaems I saw last Saturday and can't wait for this week!!!!

2. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    welcome aboard, it's a wild fun ride! Following the MLS games, then the national team, then following certain player's overseas! You might want to try the MLS fantasy league which always makes things even more fun while watching the games!

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright! Welcome.

4. Goldenstick

Goldenstick Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Bridge City, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome,
    I'm pretty new to MLS also. I watched games on TV the first year in existence but I found it rather boring. After the National Team did so well in the 2002 WC, I thought I'd check out MLS to see how it progressed over the years. I was surprised to see that 2 new stadiums had been built in Columbus and LA. Here where I live MLS doesn't get much exposure because the nearest team is in Dallas and they aren't very good. I'm looking forward to the new Frisco Complex opening and will be making a trip to see the new stadium. I'm glad to be a part of this growing league.

5. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome. Just make sure to stick with American soccer and not become a Eurosnob.

6. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Cool, I hope you get to see what a truly magnificent sport soccer is and has always been, its the #1 and most widely played sport in the World. I highly recommend trying to play soccer as often as you can to get a greater appreciation for it. Most of us Americans (the ones who don't play soccer) don't realize how tough the art is of dribbling a ball with the same legs you run with. Nontheless, performing control and tricks. Good luck with KC this year!

some good websites for soccer news and info (both international and national):

www.espnsoccernet.com
    www.mlsnet.com
    www.fifa.com

7. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Could do worse ... Become a BigSoccergeek and get more that 1500 posts ;)

8. ray of light

ray of light Member

May 14, 2003
    somewhere in this beautiful world.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi everybody,
    I'm a new MLS fan too. I'm from Europe and I like the US team and the MLS. I'm sick about the european games. I followed some games and I think they play good.

9. momentum

momentum New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    I am happy there haven't been any of the soccer fans I usuallly have found that basically think if you are an American that is new to soccer that you are an idiot. I am eager to see more matches.

10. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Depending on how many games you attend in the future, you might want to join any of the Wizards supporters club such as, the Mystics. I don't know the links. Maybe someone can provide it. Any supporters club will make a game ten times more entertaining than it already is.

11. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Welcome in the family of soccer fans.

Greetings from Germany.

PS: Support your local club.

12. Dappere Strijder

Dappere Strijder New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    You're right

http://www.remepro.com/video/celtic1.mpg

right click "sava as"

13. momentum

momentum New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    Each Week is making me love Soccer even more!!!!!