Any jersey design ideas? And release date?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrofan89, Mar 11, 2006.

1. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Any word on when the new jersey's are coming out? Maybe along with Dynamo's?

And what design? Are we getting the SAME ones as Salzburg, or will Adidas stick with one of the three jersey designs that they're using in MLS currently? (Salzburg's is NOT one of those three)

And its red home...but is it blue or white away?

PS. Id wish theyd include gold in them, as it was a metro color.

2. Goldenstick

Goldenstick Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Bridge City, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen them but I bet a lot of people other than Red Bull NY fans start buying the merchandise. jaugermeister (sp?) shot in a small glass of Red Bull is one of the top selling party drinks down here in H-town

3. unnerum

unnerum Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Vienna
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's Jägermeister.;)

I could imagine you guys playing with the same jerseys as Salzburg.

4. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    Here's my take; slight variation on Salzburg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's called a jaeger bomb, and it's one of our favorites here in T-Town as well.

6. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think our jerseys will be slightly different than Salzburg. In the RB press release, they said that both teams would work together, scout together, and scrimmage together. If we put on exhibition games here, or they have them there, I think it would be wise for each team to have their own identity.

That being said, Chivas share the same jersey, so who knows?

7. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like them, though would have to see them in action :)

8. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Those pictues are impossible..there's only one giant corporate logo on it...Red Bull will have to put two (badge and sponsor on front)..I hope they do..so they can look even crappier.

9. deadhead

deadhead New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just dropped into say best of luck to the red bulls. as an mls fan, i sort of felt that the whole name change thing was totally unnecessary. it destroys tradition that we need so bad in this league. also, what will happen with the atlantic cup. though i hate your team, i stilll wish you best of luck with the identity change.

ps regarding the jerseys, i think that they should at least somehow incorporate a tribute to the metrostars as the clubs first name like fc dallas did.

10. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    They did?

11. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    You mean like this? (Home, away, and 3rd)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--

I think these are going to be "primary" and "secondary" kits. Nice work DJNaco.

13. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but I didn't think any MLS side has had advertising on the front of their jerseys.. I think we will just be seeing the shield on the front..

14. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    It'll prolly say New York on the front in blue/red.

15. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    That's true, but then again, before this week no MLS side was named after their sponsor either. So I don't know what to expect really. I do know that I'm warming up to the two-bulls logo.

Alexi said that the new kits won't be revealed until the April openers - which I find rather disappointing, they should have had the merchandise ready to go for the takeover announcement.

16. LMoroney

LMoroney Member

Jan 28, 1999
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –

Friday March 10, 2006 — BS (total)

The team formerly known as the NY/NJ Metrostars, and then formerly known as the Metrostars, and now formally known as the Red Bull New York Red Bulls announced and unveiled their new uniform colors today.

GM Alexi Lalas said “It is with the innovative marketing approach of our new owners in mind that Adidas went and designed something that reaches to the core of our product. It’s an exciting innovation, and I personally cannot wait to see it on the field.”

The design is a complete turnaround from what soccer players might expect. Metrostars World Cup Winning superstar Youri Djorkaeff, upon being asked to be the first player to model it for the press, was clearly excited at the propspect.

“When I wear zis, I will truley be aable to say what everee Frenchmon wants to say to hiz opponent. I faaat in your dzeneral direction. Your muzer was a hampster and your faazer smelled of elderberriez”

Lalas added: “We’re big fans of our community, and we heard the whining, I mean, suggestions, from our fan base to avoid yet another combination of red, black or white, so we chose the new colors of Royal Blue and Silver to symbolize passion, quality and value for money.”

And now, without further freddie-adu, is the new, Metro- err Red Bull NY Red Bulls uniform….

[​IMG]

www.philotic.com/blog

17. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona

We are the only team with an advertisement in our team name so anything can happen

18. DixieDean

DixieDean New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Nassau, Bahamas
    It's the little flame on the bulls head on their crest.

19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know Alexi said they would be introduced at the begining of the season but I wonder what RBNY will be wearing during the Carolina Challenge Cup in Charleston, SC starting next week? Obviously they won't be wearing neon orange training bibs. Ill take some photos and post them but I imagine they will be some sort of training kit.

20. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    As well as the 96 on the shield.

I know is will never happen, but they should make the new unis look like the can. Four squares (kind of) blue and silver for the colors. :D

21. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--

Holy moly! Those look real sharp. If the kits look like those, they'll sell more kits to fans than any other club in MLS.

I bet Red Bull will market the RBNY kits at all their other sponsored events . . .x-games, motorcross, rally races, F1, ice diving, flutag, trafffic dodging, etc.

22. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Great...we kinda look like the Revs..how wonderful

23. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I thought they already said that the home kits would be red and the away ones white. The current away kit would need very small changes to it.

24. mlsfan31

mlsfan31 Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody know if they will keep the stripes on the home kit?