Any idea when the new kits come out?

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by HaywoodJablome, Aug 3, 2002.

1. HaywoodJablome

HaywoodJablome New Member

Oct 22, 2001
    El Paso, TX
    Does anybody know the date we are gonna be able to buy the new kits in the USA?

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kappa has announced that, while they had some unspecified "problems" in production, the new jersey will be available September 7. Presumably you'll be able to order through brfc.com as well as the Kappa site.

No word yet on when famed Bangkok retailers Cool Miki and AOM-AMM will have them for sale on ebay.

3. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are those guys reputable?? I have seen them selling shirts very cheap on E-bay...

4. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have bought 4 different jerseys from AOM-AMM.

If your question is "will he rip you off and send you nothing?" the answer is absolutely not. He'll promptly respond to your emails, and send your stuff out pretty quickly (he quotes 12-14 days, my experience is more like 7 - 10; either way, not too bad for halfway around the world). You can pay through Paypal or Billpoint or through Western Union, which makes it quick and easy and traceable.

If you're asking "Is the stuff any good?" be advised that what they (and the 20 other guys) sell is NOT the Official adidas, or Nike or Kappa or whomever product. It is a counterfeit.

That being said, it's a pretty GOOD counterfeit. They even go to the trouble of printing identical duplicates of the original manufacturer's paper hangtags. The quality (and other people may have had other experiences) is very good.

(Stay away from the guys in Australia and Singapore. Bangkok is better)

The bottom line for me is this: T shirts now cost upwards of 15 or 20 bucks. I can buy a nice looking team jersey for $15, wear it around (actually my KID wears them around) and it's no big deal. (He went to school today wearing a black Italy jersey, 3/4 sleeve like Buffon wore. He's 14 and VERY fussy about his clothes, particularly when it comes to soccer.)

A lot of people have asked me about these guys, and I always say the same thing: Risk the $15 (or less) plus a few bucks shipping and try it. At that price it's very hard to go wrong. Then decide for yourself.

5. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I bought a '01-'02 Rovers home shirt from AOM-AMM, and the picture has a real Rovers jersey with the Kappa logo and everything...is that not what I am going to get?? I don't care if it is the real replica, as long as it can pass for the real thing, and I would like to have the Kappa stuff on there...

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You will get exactly what is in the picture. I think you will be pleased. It will have the Kappa logos embroidered onto it.

When it arrives, I'd love to know what you think. Post it here.

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the one I ordered!! Close enough, don't you think?? Especially considering it is about $40 cheaper!

9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, let me know what you think. My guess is that you'll be very happy.

10. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it, looks pretty sweet...Kappa logo inside the collar and on the right breast. You are saying that is all put in their, but is still a knockoff?? Anyway, definitely a good bargain for the 17 dollars I paid (S+H included). Got it on the way to work, so I haven't tried it on yet...

11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some people will tell you that they are most likely the real thing sold out the back door.

Personally, I doubt this theory, though I suppose it's possible.

They also seem to be closing some of these guys down. The Grand Master of the business on ebay, Cool Miki, hasn't had anything for sale for a month. Ditto Animina, and some other guys. AOM-AMM is about it now. It leads me to believe that SOMEBODY is tracking them down, because of course it IS illegal.

The guys in Australia and Singapore get around this by leaving off the corporate logo. Makes it legal (or close enough) but who wants an obvious fake?

Anway, have you seen his online store?

http://ea545.com/

This summer I bought my 14 year old the new nike 2003 ManU jersey. He wore it in England when his team went over for a tournament, and they visited Old Trafford, where a LOT of people asked him about it since it didn't even go on sale at the team shop until September. Most of them had never even SEEN one before.

12. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Geez, I feel kind of dirty now, if I have a "hot" jersey. My guess is he lives where alot of these jerseys are made and has a hook up at the plant. Anyway, I don't know the real reason, I just know I got a sweet Rovers shirt for 1/6th of what it normally cost...

13. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Eric:

Be glad you scored yours. Apparently a bunch of people saw our correspondence here - the guy is now SOLD OUT of Blackburn Jerseys. One of a very few out of 1500 that he's come up short on.

The more Blue and White out there, the better. :)

The sky is blue
    the clouds are white
    that's why God
    is a Roverite

14. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the new one's will be available soon, they look pretty sweet as well!!

15. PrekiIsGOD

PrekiIsGOD Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Kansas City
    I've found the new kits on the kappa.com website. They are going for 77 Euros or about $69. I agree they look pretty sweet and while I can't wait to get one, I'm going to try to shop around for a better price. I've been checking ea515.com but nothing new there. Anyone have any other suggestions?