Any have a Copy of 'The Comebacks' vs. LA?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SeamusBrewer, Dec 19, 2005.

1. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    Sorry to create a thread just for this as I know there was one about a year back, but I couldn't find it. Anyone have a copy on VHS or DVD of the 5-4 comeback vs. the Galaxatives in the '03 playoffs? I'm also really trying to find a copy of the 2001 overtime victory over LA in the final.

I'm done with MLS for awhile (at least until the Quakes are back) and probably won't be talking to a lot of you anymore, so I figured I should ask now. I'd totally be willing to pay for your time & materials of making me a copy, or if anyone wants to trade I have copies of 2 of the 3-1 wins over LA last year including Landon's 1st trip back.

Sorry to bail out, but I'm just so sick and tired of MLS's and AEG's shennangins that I feel I can't support them anymore. And comming here just constantly reminds me of how we got sscrewed.

If you have one and are so nice as to help me out feel free to reply here or PM me.

Thanks!
    Seamus

2. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season ticket holders in 2004 (such as myself) received a copy of the 5-4 comeback game on DVD along with a behind the scenes "run to the cup" type DVD. Only trouble is, the game wasn't aired live on TV in English, so they have the Spanish audio for the game. "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL DE LOS TERREMOTOS!!!!!!"

(The FSC broadcast of the game was done by having the announcers dub in English after the fact, so they knew the outcome beforehand.)

3. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    I was a season ticket holder, but I never got a copy of it. Living in SF made it hard for me to pick up and 3 times they said they would hold a copy of me at the ticket booth inside Spartan, but 3 times they forgot.

Anyone know where I can buy a copy?

4. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FO was also selling them throughout last year. But now the FO is gone, so I don't know who you would call. Once the Houston FO is up and running maybe you could call them and see what they did with the old Quakes stuff. Maybe Brian (Cal Custom) has them.

5. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    I have not opened this past season's DVD of the 100 best goals at Spartan. I'll be saving it for a long time.

6. bluelightningdad

bluelightningdad New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    That DVD is a non-stop adrenanine rush. I particularly think it' would be great to bring on away my kid's tournaments to let the team watch while dining on pizza and getting psyched up for the next day.

I didn't even know they offered us the "Comeback" DVD in 2004. I was at that game, but would love to see it again (and again and again, ad nausem, cuz it was that kind of game, for sure) I'll have to contact the FO once they settle in Houston to see if I can still get my copy. That will be my 1st test of the famous Texas hospitality... Odds anyone?

7. masoo

masoo Member

May 31, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Off topic, but since you're here, hey Seamus, if you get a chance, tell Jester Guy one last time how much we appreciated his enthusiasm the last few seasons. I chased him down after the last match and said my thanks, but now that the team is gone, I realize even more how much he added to matches.

8. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Seamus, I got a copy if of it if you want to copy it,
    PM me.

9. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Seamus, I also have the game of November 9, 2003 still on my DVR. I can make a copy to VHS for you, but it won't be until February of next year when I get back to the States. This is the original broadcast with the commentary in English by Joe Tortino and Rick ("I can't believe it") Davis. It was the radio broadcast that was placed over the TV so there's no Spanish, and it was broadcast for the Direct Kick (actually then, the MLS Shootout) package. I think the fact that two strong LA homers are narrating it makes it close to priceless (and the major reason I don't want to erase it).

10. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have these games:

The win in NE from this year.
    8/27/05 - Cakes 2nd return
    6/25/05 - Cakes 1st return
    8/21/04 - v Burn
    5/22/04 - v Laxatives
    5/08/04 - Metros
    We believe special, holiday parade appearance, We believe commercial and 2004 goals thru Augut
    11/23/03 - MLS Cup v Fire
    11/15/03 - v Wiz
    11/09/03 - best MLS game ever
    9/27/03 - v Burn
    8/8 & 9/23/03 -v Wiz
    7/07/03 - v Laxatives
    7/07/03 - v Metros
    6/14/03 - v Burn
    5/10/03 - v Fire
    5/03/03 - v Revs
    4/26/03 - v Laxatives
    4/6/02 - v Revs
    10/21/01 - MLS Cup v Galaxy
    10/17/01 - v Fusion
    9/26/01 - v Crew

11. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    And, she's got them all on DVD (don't you KMJ?).

12. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep.

13. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so how do we humble quakes fans (and KMJvet lovers) go about getting a copy? do you have the means/time/desire to run copies?

:)

14. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happy to talk with anyone about our various collections in PM. ;)