Any Crew Fans/Supporters Attending MLS Cup Summit

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by galaxycrazy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points especially about the nut-kicking. This will start becoming more important once the season starts to roll around again. There really out to be one day where the shield is removed from the overstocked trophy case and passed around 137 for a pre-game looksie. I'm not sure though why once jshecket had it why he decided to mail it back to the Crew FO instead of to his own place in Cbus so that we could make decisions about where this thing goes by ourselves.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    you wanted Pumbaa to be responsible for it?

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why the heck not? It is for the supporters of Crew, no? The kid's a pretty damn big supporter of Crew, hard-core to the bone.

You talk about me being at the head of non-credit givers. Look at yourself.

4. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    do you make a point of trying to follow me around just to say I told you so? It's quite annoying.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this can happen. Home opener perhaps, have it in a location at the stadium where all people can view it. If you remember when 2003 individual tickets went on sale, they had the USOC trophy on display. All Crew fans were invited to have their photo taken with it.

Yeah, but read it again:

jshecket said "Being the only Crew fan in attendance, I "collected" the trophy at the Supporter's Summit. Margie from the Galaxians did not feel comfortable sending it back on my flight because she worried that baggage handlers would just toss it on the plane. She is shipping it back to the Crew office via UPS."

Margie was worried about the baggage handlers. Better to send it back UPS than having it literally tossed on a plane by someone who thinks there's nothing in that bag but clothes and postcards.

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    1. fidlerre and i pm'd a bit...and i was appreciative. however, those pm's just covered the situation with the shield and the f.o. if i'm not mistaken. there was not much about the ss in there except for the fact that it was going to be gotten. clearly nothing about the ss after the fact.

2. i don't need some 5 page essay on anything.....1 sentence from somebody in the know, in response to captain splarg's thread would have been great. i wouldn't not have written a thing...simply read it and moved on. instead the thread up and vanished after a day. leaving one to think c.s. didn't delete it himself. who know's.

3. some response to zak's would've been great. how was i supposed to know that a fair amount of hardcore crew fans here can't seem to agree on much related to support manifestation and there's a fair amount of disagreement and bickering between the lot.

4. this s.s. is public domain to be exchanged, enjoyed, and taken care of in a responsible manner by every s.g. in possession of it. answering a couple questions (not necessarily by me) when it comes up and/or a little pr work on your part wouldn't kill anyone. instead its a bunch of pm-ing, missing threads, etc.....and it makes it appear that you all can't even agree who is going to or how to take care of it for the next year.

great....its under control?
    everyone's happy.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you're leaving, I don't want to do anything to slow down the process, but I had to comment on this.

We bicker, quarrel and argue straight up. Don't make the mistake that so many others do and think this means something other than that we're a loud, boisterous and obnoxious family. We're Crew through and through here, and if I call somebody a jackass or somebody else a dimwit or he calls a couple other guys retards, or if everybody tells everybody else to go to hell that's our right. We understand each other. We don't march in lock step like a bunch of good little DC brownshirts, and we don't swap spit and take long showers together like they do over on the SJ board. Nobody else gets it, and we like it that way. Now begone.

8. jshecket

jshecket New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    My name is Jon first of all, and second, you're one to speak. I don't see you at Crew Stadium all that much any more. What's happened to you?

9. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, D.C. United felt comfortable taking their big-assed MLS Cup trophy on the flight with them. Monday, at the airport, I was stuck in line at the little airport store behind a member of DCU's entourage. He went through about six credit cards attempting to pay for his purchase, so we were standing there for a while. And there, sitting on the ground, about two feet from me was the trophy. I wanted to spit on it, but feared I would bring even more misfortune upon our Crew.

Also, while I was stuck behind Mr. Which-Credit-Card-Actually-Has-Enough-Room-to-Put-$21-On-It, FlyerFan saw Alecko Eskandarian snuggling up to his MLS Cup MVP award while he waited for their plane.

And I'm not sure about this one, but we think we also saw Dema Kovalenko proudly carrying his massive Golden Douche award.

So as long as you didn't attempt to hide it in your shoes or rest some nail clippers upon it, I don't think it would have been a problem to take the Supporters' Shield on the plane.

Then again, it is rather pointy.

Sirk

10. jshecket

jshecket New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Its case is too large to fit in the overhead bin. Besides, I already had two carry-ons.

11. ZipSix

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Krypto: I was not debating whether he takes it on the plane with him or whether they mail it UPS. My point was that the SEND-TO ADDRESS, assuming they shipped it, could be shecket's address in Columbus. So don't wag at me to read the post again, why don't you go back and re-read mine.

12. ZipSix

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to take one for the team there.

13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to bring this up...but What the Eff is that supposed to mean?

You can't be honestly serious that you are still backing Greg?

I would have been at the Summit had Greg actually started a lineup in the playoffs that could produce some goals. You and I both know that. It's Greg's fault that none of us were there, so I don't get just where the hell you are coming from.