Any body from Region III or Florida 93/94

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by CVAL, Mar 29, 2006.

1. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Lot of Region II posts anybody out there from Region III?

2. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Are you in Florida CVAL? I am in R II...Have you played the Mighty Bluebirds? They are the #1 in team in R III and the country on Gotsoccer.com

3. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I am in Florida and never heard of the Mighty Bluebirds but we do not venture outside of Florida to often.

I would not put to much stock in Gotsoccer or any other rating system for that matter it mostly depends on the number of tournaments you play than the quality of opposition you face.

4. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    They are from Arkansas....

I know I take GS with a grain of salt, but I think NSR has them as #11 in the country....

We play them in Tenn in April, so I just wondered if anyone had seen them (or is assoicated with them)....

5. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    They are from Arkansas how good can they be?

6. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey -- I wasn't going to go there....who knows? Until we beat them, they are ranked higher than us -- and I assume they are better then us until I see otherwise!

7. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004

It was said tung and cheek but Arkansas is not known as a hotbed for soccer.

Where is your team from and what tournament in Tennessee?

8. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Oh I know -- I tried to throw the "Hey" in there as a joke, too -- tough to know the jokes on here at times....

We are from Chicago -- it is the Brentwood Adidias Women's Invite

9. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Can you say E C L I P S E Select:D

10. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I know I can spell it now!

ha!

11. Jumbo1

Jumbo1 Member

Feb 19, 2000
    TN.
    I saw the Mighty Bluebirds play this weekend. I don't know who they played before, but it looks like they entered and won a lot of tournaments. They tied two teams this weekend, Chattanoooga Assault and TNFC Blue. They are a very good team but not a strong as they ranking would lead you to believe. It rained hard on Friday night and the county didn't allow slide tackling on the fields used by the host club on Saturday for fear of messing up the fields. It was bermuda, so the root system was good but any, the parent coach from Mockingbird was beside himself about not being able to slide tackle. They were outplayed in the second half of the game I saw and I heard one of the coaches say "we are the #1 team in the country" when complaining about the no slide tackling. Needless to say, they didn't make it out of the bracket with the two ties. They were no better than the teams they tied from the game I saw and what I heard about the first game they tied.

12. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Wow -- good info on the Bluebirds...we will see them at a tourny in 2 weeks in Tenn -- I have been anxious to see how they look!

13. Jumbo1

Jumbo1 Member

Feb 19, 2000
    TN.
    Toxoman,

Don't underestimate them, though. They were good at spliting defenders with the pass and playing it behind the defenders on the ground for players to run onto. I thought they had some very good individual and fast players. They were good playing the ball to the wide players. The goalie is not technically good in her catching technique of lower balls. This was an 8v8 format and I didn't see a lot of subbing in the tied game I watched.

14. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    There is no way we will take the #1 team in the country lightly (I know, it is GS that has them there, but still #1 is #1) -- I think NSR has them #7 -- so, us looking up at them will mean we will not take them lightly (heck we just lost to Canton Quest on PKs over the weekend -- they are ranked in the 20s in R2 -- good team)....

Great info though -- it will be interesting to see how they adjust to the 11v11 format....

15. Jumbo1

Jumbo1 Member

Feb 19, 2000
    TN.
    Toxoman,

Glad you had a good weekend in Brentwood. I would have liked to have been on the sideline again while the Mighty Bluebirds lost 2 games. That parent coach is pompus, serves anyone right for going on about how they are the #1 ranked team in the country. I will bet he was none too happy!

16. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey was furious during and after our game with them....told his daughter, if our stopper pushed her from behind, to go ahead, turn around and step on her ankle as hard as she could -- nice bit of coaching there...from what I saw, they have 1 scoring threat -- deny her the ball, they made few runs -- outside forwards had little speed -- they played defensively pretty well...

17. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    On our way to Raleigh. We have been officially accepted.

18. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Anyone seen the 93 Charlotte Blue team? They will be at WAGS

19. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Good weekend last weekend. Beat a tough CFU in the final of the central florida shootout 1-0.

Will still have to improve to be competitive in Raleigh but our defense is coming along nicely.