Any 2014 Season Ticket Renegotiations with FO yet?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by FUAEG, Sep 9, 2013.

1. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's September. Anybody have their ticket renegotiations with the FO yet?

How are they responding to "I'm not buying Buck Shaw tickets"?

2. Marinquake

Marinquake Member

May 26, 2011
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it has been explained to me, the new stadium tickets and the BS tickets are 2 separate sets of season tickets. You will be able to opt of BS if you wish.

mangerson and FUAEG repped this.
  3. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would make me do a happy dance.

4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That would be really great. At the risk of being flamed, I'm getting pretty tired of driving 100 miles to watch a middling team at the Buck Shaw experience.

5. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 DotMPP, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    Flamed? Ha... just means you have some sense of taste. (The Buck Shaw experience of course... There are always going to be years of a middling team, but watching the Clash at Spartan was more fun than watching the 2012 'Quakes at Buck Shaw)

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair stadium fans.:rolleyes:

:D

7. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the Quakes home record over the past two years, it's a wonder why we don't just make BS our permanent residence.

Also, 2011 never happened. ;)

QuietType repped this.
  8. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  9. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow strong words. Thx for posting that don, but I hope u r not thinking of following suit?

10. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you blame him?

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I hope the Quakes will profit from TFC's experience. I could as easily have written these words (which form part of the former Toronto mayor's letter):

"As you know, I have been an ardent supporter . . . since you [] first had the vision to bring Major League Soccer [back] to [San Jose]. I have supported the team through thick and thin, defended management, was one of the first season ticket holders, and, in my former capacity, was instrumental in building the stadium . . ."

When a business treats its customers disrespectfully, taking them for granted, and giving them an inferior product, or promising things it fails to deliver, then it should expect dissatisfied customers. And when the business goes even further, as in the Quakes' case, by affirmatively (and gratuitously) battling devoted customers, as it did against me and other innocent 1906 Ultras by telling us we were not allowed to travel to support our team, then the business should expect even greater dissatisfaction.

I'm still smarting from my mistreatment and it will certainly inform my mid-month conversation about 2014 tickets.

doppelganger repped this.
  12. Luk451

Luk451 New Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I'll miss Buck Shaw when it's gone. I'll miss the imposing home advantage, the small but beautiful pitch, the intimate proximity to the players, the small-time funkiness, the big-time memories.

Winning is great, and like they say, show me a happy loser and I'll show you an idiot. Still, for me, support for our side is not tied to where we are in the standings or where they play. If there are things I don't like, I'll fight to change them.

I'm keeping my tix. I'll be at the Buck, and when the new house is ready, I'll be there too.

JazzyJ, darkstar10990, hc897 and 3 others repped this.
  13. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buck Shaw is 68m x 105m the same dimensions mandated by FIFA for WC2010

So I guess that's something you won't have to miss. :)

BTW All the drawings/renderings of the new stadium have all shown a field smaller than Buck Shaw's. So perhaps you'll be missing The Shaw's big pitch?

14. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 4 tickets in the new stadium that I split with a "Partner". She has never been to a Quakes game and refuses to go to Buck Shaw. Says it sucked when she played there and she has no desire to go back.

I wrote this to refute your point of "Fair stadium fans" but when I reread what I wrote, She's definitely a fair stadium fan.

I'll probably be at all the Buck Shaw games, I just don't see the value in locking into season tickets there.

15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey buddy ol' pal, did you miss this:D part of my post? I was half joking. I will be at Buck Shaw since I am a supporter of the San Jose Earthquakes and it takes more than a homely place like Buck Shaw to keep me away. I can understand the reluctance of some to come to Buck Shaw, hell, I have a difficult time dragging my wife there, but, the new stadium will be even more of a fortress for the team.

DotMPP repped this.
  16. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to pick on your "partner", but I fear these fair-stadium fans are just looking for reasons to be a "fair" anything fan, i.e. once the shininess of the new stadium wears off, and the Quakes lay a couple of eggs at home, then the fair weather fan will come out.

17. QuakeDaddy74

QuakeDaddy74 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like we have another year to debate this

18. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    More time to get the architecture of the Supporters Section right.

19. QuakeDaddy74

QuakeDaddy74 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Realistically, I can't see them making any changes in design.

20. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the Buck? Is that a new strip club that opened up near the stadium?

DotMPP repped this.
  21. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    The Buck, The Buck, The Buck, The Buck, The Buck. The Buck. We rag on it, but it's interesting to hear some outsider perspectives. One person in N&A called it the "jewel" of temporary stadiums or something like that- for the quality of the pitch, close to the action seats, food trucks, location, etc. The stadium will be so much better in so many ways but it will also be more "corporate" and I'm not sure that there won't be times that we look back on The Buck with some fondness.

Anyway, if the rumors about another stadium delay are true, wow, just wow. I'm embarrassed for the organization. I thought that they would have thought it through such that they were like 99% sure they could meet the new deadline. 'Cause two publicly announced delays, especially so close together - really reflects poorly.

I actually think that an opening at the start of the season is much better. You can do more of a big bang launch, and include some brand things as well, and a big bang is what you really need to get people's attention. They should have just bit the bullet and delayed a full year instead of trying to soften the blow of the delay by trying the half and half thing. That's just too complicated to pull off, not to mention that you potentially lose quite a bit of the big bang "franchise restart" effect.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  22. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    my wife often says how much she'll miss Buck Shaw. there are things I'll miss about it too, for sure...good points Jazzy.

23. DotMPP

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was dumber to try and open mid 2014, than to just punt and say 2015 in the first place...

I enjoyed SCU or Blackhawk games at BS more than 'Quakes games at BS... It just made more sense to me...

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kaval said something last night about season ticket holders for next season during the halftime show on TV last night but I tuned him out....