Antonio Valencia - Part 1 (r) Man. United

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Emelectric15, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Luis Antonio Valencia, news & comments (r)

Hamstring injury.

From the goal.com article:

Now that is just downright sleazy out-of-context quoting! They cleverly left out what Valencia said immediately after that:

from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-20m-boy-Ecuador-8217-s-army-march-Wigan.html

And this is a fantastic article, by the way. It's not your usual transfer gossip article. It's a real interview and he talks about how it all started with him secretly leaving home at 16 to play for El Nacional, and lots of other facts about him that we didn't know before.

2. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah, goal.com is run by a bunch of wankers but I figured it was interesting nonetheless. I missed the end of the game when rod came on for Zaki. How did he look?

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

surprisingly decent...he had a free kick that hit the crossbar and he totally beat Reina on the kick....it was impressive but he missed....

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I hope he stays at Wigan because It'll be good for him and the national team.

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Latest rumor: Manchester United makes an £18 million bid for Valencia.

I really hope this one goes through!

Valencia is not on the roster again today versus Aston Villa due to the same hamstring injury.

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

why would you want valenica to go to Manu? He's not good enough to play there and keep a starting role. Didn't you watch Liga - Manu in japan? that 18 year old Rafael had only played 8 games for manu and he completely shutdown Bolanos..The big clubs in europe look for the best talent every year damn year and the competition to start is insane. Valencia will be a sidenote if he goes there.

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

It's not that I want him to go to ManU, it's that I don't want him to go to Real Madrid. I wouldn't mind at all him staying in Wigan.

8. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

imo, he should go to another top club in england like Aston Villa, Everton or Tottenham. valencia is a good solid player but not ridiculously talented like Alex Aguinaga.

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah, those teams would be nice but Wigan is really shaping up to have its name included amongst them as well (btw, Wigan is in 7th place with 33 pts and the Spurs are in 14th with 24!). Plus those teams will definitely not cough up an amount anywhere near the £20M price tag Wigan put on him.

All I'm saying is that if this bidding war between Madrid and ManU ends with Valencia leaving Wigan, I'd rather see him stay in England.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Valencia is not going to Madrid. They just signed Julien Faubert from West Ham.

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

where in god's name to do you guys come up with this stuff? Wigan will never be amongst those clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/7861549.stm

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

N'Zogbia isn't a bad player....he's just stuck on a shitty Newcastle team at the moment, he's not the best, but he's a decent pick up for the transfer window and he's still young

13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I was not referring to that. I was referring to Damnecuador's claim that Wigan is really shaping up to have its name included amongst the top Clubs in the EPL. Steve bruce and their Chariman know that Wigan is a platform for players and are happy just to stay in the EPL. If they see europe than that's a big bonus. I don't even think Steve bruce will be there too most longer.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yeah I'd have to agree with you here....they still are a stepping stone team for players but that MIGHT change if they can get into contention for the UEFA Cup spot...at least for next year. We'll have to see because Wigan is still relatively new to the PL...it takes years to develop a solid fan base, and a good network of recruiting, plus the weight of the club as being enough to keep players. I remember seeing the Liverpool-Wigan game at the JJB and there were empty seats minutes before game time, it looked about 80% full....against LIVERPOOL!! that's a sellout anywhere else and it might have been there too, I don't know if there was late attendance- my point is this, Wigan was known first as a rugby team, second for soccer so I think they're making good strides to bring the profile of the club up and the players they're bringing are only making it better....with an exception of Rodallega who had me confused as hell today.

15. John K

John K Member

Nov 8, 2007
  16. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

http://www.wiganlatics.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~1541028,00.html

17. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Great decision by Valencia to turn down a move to Real Madrid. A rapidly developing, and currently excellent, player such as himself would be foolish to go to Real Madrid in their current stature. Madrid are too much of a messy, and ever changing club these days, that being a part of them mostly means you go downhill as a player, you no longer develop, or you simply disappear. Valencia has done the right thing by staying at Wigan, this where he will continue to be their star man, will be playing in the best league in the World, and will still develop greatly.
    One day though Valencia will deserve to be playing UEFA Champions League Football, and with Alex Ferguson being a big fan of Valencia, and Valencia's engine, work ethic, and passion, he could make him be a part of Manchester United come the Summer. And who knows Valencia could be filling in the boots of Ronaldo, who could opt to have his career go downhill at Real Madrid.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

or Liverpool....Rafa really likes him too

19. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hows it going? I have just been watching a live interview with Wigan Chairman Dave Whelan on Sky Sports News, regarding the in's and out's of the January Transfer Window, and he informed us that 4 massive clubs came in for Valencia during the Window, and hinted that he may be off to one of them in the Summer.
    Regarding the in's and out's that have been successful at Wigan, N'Zogbia has just passed his medical and has signed for Wigan, Ryan Taylor has passed his medical and has signed for my home club of Newcastle Utd, and has therefore departed Wigan, and striker Henri Camara, has went on loan to Stoke.
    Regarding Charles N'Zogbia (or Charlie Insomnia, as Joe Kinnear called him), I believe we should see him hit his true best at Wigan. The poor guy has been messed around a bit at my club, and it affected his performances for the worse. I expect him to form a good left side partnership with Valencia for Wigan, this with Charles at LB, and Luis at LM. Or alternatively Bruce could have them both working each wing, this with Charles operating at LM, and Luis operating at RM.
    As a gesture of good will, Charles donated his full month's wage's to one charity in Newcastle, and one in Wigan, this to settle the feud that went down regarding Charles, during and before the deal.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he's a class act

21. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Hey GW, do you know why Valencia was subbed out?

22. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hows it going damnecuadorian?

Valencia began struggling around the 15 minute mark, and it looks like it could be fitness related.
    Wigan have made all 3 substitute changes before half time, with Valencia, Brown, and Mido off for Koumas, Watson, and Zaki.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

That really sucks. Thanks for the update!

24. nenito

nenito New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Imagine Valencia in AC MILAN!!!!! :)

AC MILÁN VS. MAN U POR ANTONIO VALENCIA
    | Fecha : 2009-02-12 15:10:00 |
    Todo parecía hecho entre el Wigan Athletic, el Manchester United y Luis Antonio Valencia para el próximo año, sin embargo, un rival de mucho peso le ha salido al paso al elenco de Los Diablos Rojos.

Uno de los rotativos más importantes de Inglaterra, el Daily Mirror, asegura que en la Liga 1 de Italia ha aparecido un rival de enorme peso para los intereses del Manchester United, por llevarse a Luis Antonio Valencia.

Por pedido expreso del entrenador Carlo Acelotti, el elenco del AC Milán de Italia y sus principales dirigentes, analizan muy detenidamente la carpeta del volante de nacionalidad ecuatoriana, “Maravilla” Valencia.

Según dicho medio de comunicación, al entrenador Ancelotti no le hace ninguna gracia el quedarse sin un elemento de la talla de David Bekham (regresará a la MLS en marzo), por lo que ve a Valencia a su reemplazante ideal para el siguiente año.

Por el momento no se puede hablar de un acercamiento oficial entre las partes, pero fuentes muy cercanas al equipo italiano ya han revelado que tratarán de hacerse con los servicios del futbolista.
    (LAOH)

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Imagine him at Man U lol...any one of the big teams would be ridic, he'd break a glass ceiling for our players. I was just about to post that article. great article!