Antonio Puerta 1984-2007

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Prenn, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rivaldo legend

rivaldo legend New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    R.I.P Antonio Puerta i did'nt know that his wife was pregnant i fell sorry for his family and him because he is'nt going to see his son/daughter. visit this website to know how he died click here

2. sightoe355

sightoe355 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Honolulu
    it still shocks me that he is gone, soo young and such a great player. he would of been the future of the spain national team. it truly makes me sad that such a young guy is gone. really unfortunate
    rest in peace Antonio Puerta

3. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cesc Fabregas wore a black armband today in honor of Puerta, he scored and after the game he kissed the armband in the center circle.

Nice moment.

4. besiktasfan

besiktasfan Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Turkey
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    May Sleep in Peace Antonio Puerta ..:(((

5. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    RIP

Tragic events that shouldn't happen to a true profressional, likeable person.
    It was good seeing all those fans saluting him.

Clive Clarke playing for my club Leicester City collapsed in the changing room at half time the other day. His heart stopped twice before they managed to start it agains using a refibulator or something. They say his making a remarkable recovery and hopefully the the events in Spain wont happen again here. This just shows that it can happen to any football and more research should be carried out and not just by the fas but by clubs aswell. Specific heart tests should be taken more often. I mean apparently Clive Clarke had a 2 and an Half hour medical to sign for leicester only 3 weeks ago and he passed with flying colours so it can be hard to spot these things.

Well done to the Real Betis fans for also showing there support dispite the rivalry between the clubs. I only wish that the Nottingham Forest fans had shown the same respect for Clive Clarke. The game( Nottingham forest 1 Leicester City 0) was abandoned at half Time in this local ricalry and then the forest fans started chanting" Same old leicester always cheating". That is very disrespectfull i mean someones life is more important then a silly football match. they also start some racist chanting about Leicester having alot of people imigrating to it from Asia which is out of order.

6. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a terrible thing to happen. I think clubs should start thoroughly c hecking players before and after games as this is happening more and more often in recent times.....

RIP Antonio Puerta

7. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    And how long have you followed football for? That chant has been around for decades. Oldham get it, Burnley get it, Bradford get it. :rolleyes:

And for the Forest fans to sing that... Put it in perspective. At the time no-one knew fully what was going on, an apparently, when the loudspeaker announcement was made not everyone could hear it.

I know you're biased (and young, from the sounds of your posts) but come on. Use a bit of common sense here.

8. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    So im young so i dont get a say ehh yeah right you cant just push aside someones view as wrong just beacause there young. i wrote down the wrong thing. I meant to put they 'started' singing. i wasn't implying that they have started of a new racist chant bloody hell. i meant that it was a bit disrespectfull after we had heard twice that a player had collapsed( i was at the match and understood exactly what was going on). You cant tell me that all the forest fans heard that the match was abandoned but not that a player had been taken seriously ill. I would say most people in the ground knew what was going on.

Any way im not really bothered about this. this is a thread for Antonio Puerta. i was just making the point that the Real Betis fans where very good in forgeting there rivalry and showing some respect to the player.

9. Blizzaro

Blizzaro New Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Birmingham
    RIP, Sad loss, my heart goes out to his gf n his family hope they will cope well

10. McCheez

McCheez Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Connecticut
    pobre muchacho

condolences to his family.

May he Rest In Peace

11. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    the exact same thing for me mate...
    i was watching it live, and when i saw it happen i was shocked...i instantly had flashbacks of Miklos Feher, and i was so thankful to see him get up and walk-away...everything is fine until i read that morning.

i'm still a bit rattled from it...Can't even imagine how his girlfriend was when watching the match.

RIP, this should not have happened...it's unfair, lets just hope people can learn so no team ever has to go through this again...But tough to say isn't it.

12. CL_2004

CL_2004 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Toronto
  13. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    How unfortunate!

RIP