Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
  2. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights from yesterdays 3-0 loss.

In the chance that opens the highlights, Robinson pushes up slightly with the rest of line but the keeper parries the shot to an attacker behind him that is thus onside. In the Brentford chance at 2:37, Robinson is held up by the sideline and possibly gets nutmegged by a slip pass to a free runner. At 4:46, Robinson clears a header on his back foot which falls to an open Brentford attacker at the corner of the box who fires well over. Robinson gets beat along the sideline in the lead up to the third goal at 5:40.

Wigan are 7 points from safety once you take into account the 12 point penalty.

3. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    The Mirror is claiming that Leicester are looking at Robinson as a potential replacement for Ben Chilwell if he leaves the club this summer.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be amazing. Rogers is a very good coach.

5. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Chelsea buying Chilwell would be a double win for us. Pulisic getting an upgraded teammate and Robinson taking a huge step up

The Irish Rover repped this.
  6. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    here’s to hoping leicester gonna do another albeit modified jonny evans to another big 4 club

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite Celtic manager of all-time and I was a HUGE Martin O'Neil fan during his tenure. Rodgers' adaptable style, player relations, and his whole demeanor are first class. He gets results and he gets results with the players he's dealt. i think Robinson would thrive under Rodgers. I like the Leicester rumor way more than the Milan rumor. I could get behind this move. Fingers crossed Chilwell is sold.

TimB4Last and The Irish Rover repped this.
  8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And Leicester is probably going to be in the Champions League next season, so there will be a lot of playing time to go around.

I would be ecstatic if Robinson went there.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  9. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    WheezingUSASupport and Winoman repped this.
  10. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Who else has performed well for Wigan that would go for enough $ to help their situation?

Are there any young players that show a lot of potential that could go for more than Robinson? Either way I have to imagine one of those players is Robinson.

11. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Gelhardt (18) is their academy's prized possession.

12. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    A lot of info on the current situation in this article, among it..

WheezingUSASupport and Winoman repped this.
  13. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The money quote: Star defender Antonee Robinson and midfielder Joe Williams will each be available for just £1.5 million if Wigan are relegated, owing to release clauses in their contracts amid a potential fire sale of players.

Their RB is also pretty good. If Wigan are relegated Robinson will have his pick of clubs because even in this money crunch market £1.5 million is nothing. The debate will be wages and where he wants to be/playing time.

truefan420 repped this.
  14. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This made me think of an interesting question: if a player has a release clause of, say, 1.5M, but there are a bunch of clubs willing to pay that amount or more, does the current club have to accept only the stipulated amount in the release clause or is there room for negotiation between clubs and the player? Or is it just that all bids are set at 1.5M and it's just player's choice after that?

I hope my confusing wording is understood.

15. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004

tomásbernal repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Posts like this trigger me - thanks for adding to the confusion.

17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    If I were a moderator, I'd card you for leaving a trailing leg for the unsuspecting (Tigerpunk) to trip over.

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Lost and found ...

19. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well sor-fu*king-ry for that! That would be a really, really harsh yellow.

20. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Teams only have to pay Wigan the release clause. No extra money goes to them. Then it's just a matter of what contract Robinson's agent works out with each potential club. The low purchase price could mean that he gets better wages or sign on bonus, because multiple teams will have to outbid each other for his services. It also means that pretty much any team that's scouted him could offer a bid and he'd legit have a dozen + suitors.

TimB4Last and tomásbernal repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    This made me think of an interesting scenario. You're Robinson. Your club needs 1 point to avoid the drop. You're playing RB. You have a 1.5 mil buyout and you know a lot of lovely clubs are coming for you for that price. You're defending a corner. It's a inswinger at the near post, inside you as the defender... You jump... have a chance to put back out over the goal line past the near post... or "miss" a bit and score the OG that drops the team and let's you collect the $$$... Question is: Do you go to Lester or Milan?

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leicester. Chillwell is headed to Chelsea. (Theo is prob leaving Milan but not next year). Likely make more money in England and stay in England where he’s lived his life and doesn’t have to figure out a new culture and language. But he doesn’t intentionally lose a game. He’s leaving either way.

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    But he pockets way more money if they're going down.

I can't believe it just snuck inside the crossbar like that!

24. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Unless Theo gets a call from PSG (which has been rumored) he isnt leaving Milan for another couple years. Elliot is pitching Theo as one of their center pieces for the Milan rebuild and with rumors coming up of another potential sale (again to Bernard Arnault) guys like Theo, Bennecer, or Donnarumma are not leaving unless big cash is offered. But this is another story.

For Antonee, Leicester would be a better move for now as he would likely be a starter. Milan is making a run to Europe this year but again unless Theo leaves he would be relegated to cup matches and the occasional spot start.

On another note what an interesting several months for Antonee. Looked to be going to Milan for 9 million in January and the move fell through due to an irregular heart beat. Since coming back he has done nothing but improve his stock but now Wigan will likely get significantly less than they were gonna get in January (and rumors are they also tried late to Milan to pay more on deadline day)

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s a pro athlete. I don’t see him throwing a game. He’s getting a massive raise one way or the other.

freisland repped this.