Craven the Lifestyle: Antonee Robinson at Fulham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bballshawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least.... Its good publicity for him?

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, Wigan just played their best game of the season beating former-favorites Leeds away 0-1 so there's hope they won't go down.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... they still have a decent shot at staying up and it certainly could be argued that being a part of that kind of battle is far better than sitting on the bench in Italy.

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I think a summer move away would be better for him. It certainly appears that he would be sold if Wigan cant stay up.

A knee jerk attempt at an injury solution could find him on a the bench once all that cleared up this summer. If he moves, it should be with a chance at first team minutes in a good situation where the staff can evaluate him better than a quick fix like this was.

I think hes better off as is and will certainly be a topic later on this summer.

7. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing is better than sitting on a bench in Italy. Up to his agent to use the attention to his benefit.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He needs Gooch's agent. He could work miracles and got Gooch at loads of clubs even after being injured for months or very little PT previously.

ttrevett and taylor repped this.
  9. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least he got to talk to Maldini. Little things!

10. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No transfer fees, though

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even better. =much higher salary.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  12. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except club won’t let him go.

13. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  14. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Wigan's head coach:

largegarlic, KenC, bballshawn and 5 others repped this.
  15. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Note sure about that, Gooch was amongst the lowest paid player on the team then (since someone mentioned needing Gooch's agent).

16. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol link?

17. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    russ and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  18. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall he made something like €750k net taxes which wasn’t bad. I can’t find a link. I followed his move to Milan closely and what I found strange was that when it first happened, the Milan web page had an announcement that he was signed but the wording was something along the lines ;
    “He wanted to come here, was free, so why not?”. Bizarre! Checked back later that day and the announcement was understandably gone. The first game he played, the coach stuck him up at forward which I think was a jab at his thinking of the signing. He tore his patella tendon soon after that, wrestled with Zlatan and that was about it except his year without salary.

19. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm left handed (well, not entirely, and there's a term for it that I don't remember, but I'm not ambidextrous anyway--some things left, some right), but dominant right foot (though, again, pretty good with my left though usually in different ways than my right).

largegarlic repped this.
  20. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mellenials... No he was signed for 650k€ ish... Once he was injured he CHOOSE to offer for free.it did not happen. So your point is he was a low payed salared pay on a champions league favorite, on a free, coming from anderlecht, i think, as a defender? Really?

21. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, wait... I didn't know Ivan Gazidis was at Milan! Since he used to be president of SUM, and assistant commissioner of MLS, then this must be a back door ploy to get around the MLS/SUM 2/3 rule and make Antonee eligible to play for the national team!

An Unpaved Road repped this.
  22. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The “he was free” from the club was referring to the lack of a transfer fee.

23. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I am also left handed though I play guitar and kick a ball with my right. Didn't know that until I bought a left handed guitar 45 yrs ago and my child started playing soccer. Never to old to learn. btw, my father, right handed, on my first attempt at golf at 17 says, "take my clubs, you don't know anything anyway". Very lefty at that, but better at the guitar.

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Did your father ever get you a left-handed monkey wrench?

Winoman repped this.
  25. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bat right handed (though did pretty solid batting "off hand" in co-ed softball many years ago), shoot basketball right (can't shoot left for my life), better throwing a frisbee right (but nice line drives with the left), swing a hammer with left (that's my day job), write left (terrible with the right), used to bowl left but now right, left dominant with all tools (power tools, kitchen utensils, knives, etc), shoot firearms left, play drums right, guitar right (not that I ever played much), punch right. Very strange how it all works.

And to tie it all in, Antonee Robinson plays for Wigan on the left.

gogorath and Eleven Bravo repped this.