Anton Peterlin at Walsall

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Anton Peterlin to Everton

Why yes, yes we can.

2. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

He was good against Southampton, he didn't do anything spectacular but he looked comfortable on the ball, kept it well (something our midfield really needed), made some good passes and had a lot of energy, it's too early to really tell but he looks a good player, I think he'll be important for us this season, it was certainly an impressive debut.

3. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good to hear.

Please drop by from time to time and keep us updated. Most of us don't have access to the games, so we rely primarily on match reports and what first-hand accounts we can wrench out of fans. Your input will be appreciated in that regard.

Also, what ever happened to Cody Arnoux? Did he not make the cut?

4. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008

Everton made a lot of the same comments about Peterlin.
    They were attracted to his energy, economy, and mistake-free play.

5. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I'll be happy to keep you updated, I hope I can bring more positive reports than last year when we had Kenny Cooper on loan, having to keep letting you know how he was constantly on the bench despite our other strikers being so bad wasn't much fun.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2090153,00.html
    Cody Arnoux wasn't signed after his trial. I never saw him play so can't comment on his ability but we have too many strikers at the club already, I don't think we could have taken him on unless he was quite special.

6. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005

I know this is the Anton thread but how is Laurent Manuel looking?

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Re: Anton Peterlin at Plymouth

From This is Plymouth:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/arg...ton-party/article-2503680-detail/article.html

and some words from the manager...
    http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/new...ns-reward/article-2503664-detail/article.html

8. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Played in a couple of preseason friendlies, unfortunately not games I went to but people who were there seem to think he did well. He's still with us, played against Arsenal's youth side in a friendly on Sunday, I've heard he's been offered a contract but that's just a rumour, there's been nothing official.

9. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008

nice to see the manager didn't panic, yank him but rather let Anton sort it out on the pitch.

Reid would seem to be a great manager for Peterlin at this stage of his career. Reid was an outstanding defensive midfielder in his day (he finished as #4 best player in the world one year for Man City in the mid-80s...that's really impressive)- so he should be able to relate to Peterlin's task and give good instruction...he also has had a broad range of top level managerial experience- a lot to draw upon, and likely a bit more patient than someone else might be in his situation.

10. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
  11. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Should hopefully be back for Peterborough though.

13. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa

Anton scored his first goal for Argyle in a exhibition game against a local team, this game was scheduled as Argyle's last league game was postponed as Argyle had 3 players playing in International games this past weekend.

15. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Peterlin's been out of the team for a while but due to suspensions (we've already had 7 red cards this season!) and injuries he started against Swindon in the FA Cup on Saturday. We lost 4-0, every outfield player was embarrasingly poor, Peterlin no better or worse than any of them although he at least had the excuse of not having played for a while. Swindon weren't even very good but if it hadn't been for our keeper they'd probably have got into double figures, that's how bad we were. This team, when it plays well, is really quite good, certainly capable of far better than losing 4-0 at home, why we're so inconsistent is a mystery. We've not seen a great deal of Peterlin and it would be harsh to judge him too much for this perfomance when every other player was equally poor but that performance was nowhere near good enough for the level we're at.

16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Peterlin made the bench today for the first time in a while.

17. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Our problem isn't really with debt, it's the cash flow that's the problem. There aren't enough people attending games to pay for the wages of the players or other things like tax bills. The players weren't paid before Christmas, the fact it's happened again is a very bad sign, if our Japanese director doesn't produce the £2 million he promised, which should get us through to the end of the season when most of our players are out of contract so thew age bill can be brought under control, we're not going to be around much longer.

19. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  22. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Plymouth Argyle face administration as crisis deepens

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9411804.stm

23. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009

Peterlin played a full 90 yesterday in 2-0 loss to Hartlepool. Plymouth now holds the bottom of the table all to themselves. I wish Anton the very best after this season with Plymouth is over.

24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009