Antoine Wright...NJ Nets???

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by AEK, Dec 23, 2005.

1. AEK

AEK Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering if there is a Nets fan out there who could fill me in on the status of Antoine Wright? I am currently deployed with the Army and I dont really have time to scour the net to get updates or injury reports or anything like that. I have been checking the box scores and I think I only saw his name for one game. Is he hurt, outside the circle of trust, no longer in the nest??? Anyways if there is a Nets fan who is down with the ins and outs of the team I would really appreciate an update. The reason I am asking is because I am an Aggie and I followed him throughout his college career and I wanted to see what he was doing so far in the pros. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    Unfotunately, Wright is the 14th man on a 14-man team that is deep at his position. Jeff McInnis and Zoran Planinic haven't been playing lately and they're above him.

check out NorthJersey.com articles...the beat reporter is good with keeping up with daily tabs.

little tidbit from this week:
    "...The Nets won't send Wright down to the NBDL for experience because they feel he can learn more and improve quicker by playing against Kidd, Carter and Jefferson and other veterans in practice every day.
    So Wright continues to work. His situation is much different than other rookies in that good teams often don't rely on their first-year players as bad teams do...
    'I really don't need pep talks. I know what I'm here for. I'm a man. I'm out here to work. I have to come out here every day and prepare myself as if I was playing the game.' "