Anti-Diving Wristbands

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by zhiyi., Feb 17, 2005.

1. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Hey i read that Roy Keane is encouraging Anti-Diving Bands to be produced after he was a victim when ashley cole dived in the box during the 4-2 win (no offence to arsenal fans) Apparently the bands are red in color and have the words ' Stop Diving, Please' on it.

P.S i know ronaldo and rooney dives too so dont start pls

2. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    hAHAHA that would be SO awesome. it would be funny to see divers actually wear them though. i mean, can u imagine diouf wearing one?

3. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, i was going to start a new thread ;) i read it this morning ;)

4. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore

HAHA yeah if you read a report at soccernet, allardyce had something to say too bout diouf's diving. Really hope they produce such wristbands though.

5. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    i wouldnt wear one for two reasons. roy keane would wear one and i dive wen ever possible lolol you have never seen a center back dive like i can hahaha

6. scotty_g_uk

scotty_g_uk New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Newcastle
    cheat cheat cheat!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    i only dive wen the player doesnt touch the ball and hits me instead nomatter if its hard tackle or nothin, but if he comes through me and wins the ball then i wont dive, unless im in a good position for a free kick or penalty ;)

8. Rooney#8

Rooney#8 New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    MANCHESTER!
    The wristbands could be any colour but with differrent divers on one sideand the maker of the band on the other like aidas or Nike. The divers could be Pires, Ronaldo etc

9. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    dont forget diouf! :D

10. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I think this is a brilliant idea. The diving thing is out of control. And I think that Ronaldo should be the first one to wear one, and everytime he dives, he should be fined a years wages.. :eek: Seriously though that guy needs to stop. Since he wont be traded :mad: we'll have to put up with his antics. Better yet, why doesn't keane say something to his OWN teamates????? :D

11. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah thats true :D ;)

12. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    u must b fuking mad if you want rid of ronaldo, he is fantastic i think. without him you would struggle simply because every team struggles 2 cope with him!!
    if a guy dives and wins you a game by doing it i dont c wot the problem is lol
    c'mon the divers!!

13. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm a centre back, but I don't dive;). I actully think NOBODY can say they haven't dives at some poiint or another, but I hate the usual culprits, Diouf, Ronaldo etc.:)

14. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    It was a sarcastic comment by Keane making a jibe at nike because Keane feels that Nike are only doing the Stand Up Speak Up campaign for the company's benefit. Must be why he didn't wear the warm up suit either.

15. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    the whole wristband thing is getting out of hand.........nothing more than a fashion statement ( imnot saying i dont wear ne...cuz i do)..........i dont think it will stop people from diving

16. eto'o 1987

eto'o 1987 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Manchester
    They should make an anti - pizza wristband for Arsenal

17. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    wtf

18. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    Yeah, i agree. That's like making an Anti-Murder wristband; just because people wear one it's not gonna stop a murderer lol

19. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

well just because someone wears a yellow band, doesnt mean that people will stop getting cancer. The puropse is "awareness". ;)

That way, when people are out on the fields playing, and someone takes a dive in the box, they can take thier wristband off and flick the diver in the eye with it. :D

20. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm sick of the whole wirstband idea (livestrong, breast cancer, aids, every fuking diease out there, plus the troops, than you got the racism, and the tusmini. it's so fuking annyoing),
    come'on it was for a good cause and now look. (anti-diving, are you kidding)

21. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i read on sunday that there is a black band which means 'i dont care about any of these bands!' :rolleyes: :)

22. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I read that story too, he was half joking but its actually an awesome idea :D

23. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    what? i dont like anything about roy keane so there is no way i'd wear a band he had anything 2 do with and yes i dive because over the years i have marked so many strikers who have dived in last minutes of a game and won penalties so i do it now when ever im in a good area for a freekick or a penalty or if im on the edge of my 18 yard box with 4 players round me then damn right i'l take a dive lol to me its just being smart unless u get caught. if totti dived for a roma penalty would you be annoyed or would you cheer?

24. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Mate, Im annoyed everytime I reminded that Totti (worst cheating scum ever to lace boots) is payed for summit I love!
    Cristiano is a cut above, he rarely dives but with his frame and given his speed and precision he is easily thrown down with contact. When I say he doesn't dive I mean without contact that impede's his progress unfairly, ie a foul (unlike Pires etc). Unfortunately the way our game has gone a free-kick is only awarded when a player goes to ground, there is absolutely no value on attempting to stay on your feet as sooo often refs.. make a hash of the "advantage" ruling and if u try and play on after a foul u risk losing the ball and getting nothing, whereas taking a nice tumble will guarantee u possession.
    This is exaccerbated by refs. forgetting that free-kicks can be awarded in the penalty box, depending on the foul ie only fouls that would result in direct free-kicks shouls be penalties. As refs. have forgot this then attackers have waaaay too much advantage (this is coming from an attacker) to simply push the ball passed a defender then run into his back, fall over and get a penalty, or my pet-peev push the ball out of play then tumble over the keeper! If it's not impeeding a goal-scoring opportunity, IT IS NOT A PENALTY!

As for the wristbands, alas they have been taken on by the mass-consumer, severly detrimenting the impact of the campaigns. They r unfortunately fashion statements, I seen a bunch on racist biggots rockin bands coz Nike make them and they look cool. Whilst in sum ways this spreading of awareness is better than nothing, it does really wind me up becoz racism is waaaay to serious an issue and most people simply don't get it. Wearing wristbands and avoiding certain words doesn't mean people ain't racist, just look at the nations (and the FA's for that matter) biggoted outcry when arsenal fielded an all foreign team! They actually calling for ACTIVE DISCRIMINATION in employment!

People just don't get it!

With that said, im off to get my "I hate wristbands" wristband marketed!

25. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    You made some nice points there but by 'people' who are you getting at? I can relate to some of the things you were saying there. I mean I know this guy who is a total racist and bigot but he wears an anti bully band? he bullies and intimidates people every day by saying some of the racist things he says and by singing some of the songs he sings at football matches, but most of these people don’t actually think they are a REAL racist or a REAL bigot because they 'don’t mean it' and its only a 'joke' but try explaining that to the black person or Asian person standing near you having to put up with that?
    these people are morons but I don’t think they should stop the majority of good people who wear the bands for anti racism and anti bulling from wearing them because a lot of people start conversations with you about your bands (probably because they want one) which leads on to you being able to express your feelings about anti racism and anti bulling. It gives you a chance to educate people and maybe open their eyes.