Ante Covic info thread.

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by Obese, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Obese

Obese New Member

May 9, 2007
    Solna, Sweden
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Soccer fans!

Created this thread for general information and updates on Ante Covic.

Is he recovering from injury or is that old news? Does anyone think there is any truth in rumours linking AC with a Hammarby return?

//O.

2. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ante has played our pre season games this year, and as far as I know will be playing tomorrow in our first game of the season.

He did have a bit of an injury issue at the start of pre-season, but I beleive that is now sorted.

I have heard nothing of him leaving newcastle though. All he has been talking about is refinding his form and having a big season to get back into the socceroos squad.

3. Obese

Obese New Member

May 9, 2007
    Solna, Sweden
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ok, thanks for sorting that out! Rumours said he was a potential new signing as Hammarby is struggeling with injured goalies, but I guess that is just a rumour then :confused: How did he do in the game? I hope he'll make it back into the national team if possible, it would be great seeing him again.

//O.

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Covic went well (which on a side note is good as I have him in my Fantasy Football Team :) )

Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets have kicked off their 2007/08 Hyundai A-League campaigns with an entertaining 0-0 draw at a windy Members Equity Stadium on Sunday.

The Glory dominated possession throughout the afternoon but failed to find the finishing touch when it counted, with Jets keeper Ante Covic pulling off a number of fantastic saves to earn his side a valuable point away from home.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=18974

5. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Covic had a great game, but unfortunately, I wouldn't have been using the word entertaining to describe the game as a whole.

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well considering the source was the official A-League site :)- I'm guessing that they HAVE to talk up every game. ;)

As you said though- it doesnt take away from Covic's good game.

7. Obese

Obese New Member

May 9, 2007
    Solna, Sweden
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Thanks for the update! I can visualize AC taking charge of his defensive line looking all crazy and energetic. Will stop by on occassion to see how AC's doing.

//O.

8. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    lol the crab they call covic was not too bad nor great in the game, but Perth blew their chances LOL