Anson Dorrance

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by dsirias, May 18, 2011.

1. dsirias

dsirias Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Talking to Soccer America today regarding today's athletes says:

ANSON DORRANCE: Yes, it is. And a part of the reason is the girls don’t watch the game. And honestly not too many of their coaches do either.

And the game they should watch, in all deference to where ever our top women’s teams are, is the men’s game. The men’s game is the university for the women’s game. We should be studying the men’s game the way anyone would study at an institution of higher learning

Like or dislike him I've been saying the same thing since back when was coaching travel teams. My girls did not watch soccer. What professional in any sport becomes elite not watching other elites as a youth. I would say, not many I look at WPS and i see many many skilled players but terrible off the ball movement with most teams I could say the same thing about MLS. But we are now in an age where there ARE teams on tv all the time from all over the globe playing at very high levels, yet coaches do not make it compulsory to watch and test knowledge gained. Dorrance is spot on in my book. It is NOT enough to telll young ladies to watch the women's world cup games every year, or just watch the NATS.