Another stadium another stage

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    LOL ... everytime I see DMB I think Dave Matthews Band too. He was actually talking about DeMarcus Beasely.

2. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the reverse. For the first few posts, I was thinking DeMarcus. Then on Boomer's post, I figured it out as Dave Matthews Band. So which is it? :confused:

3. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    El Jefe answered this pretty well, but it just goes to show how little you know of the DFW marketplace. There were a good portion of the fans that went regularly to the Cotton Bowl who were already making a 20 mile drive, or further. For many of them this new stadium is in a better location. It actually positions the team closer to the heart of rec soccer in the area, closer to the suburban families that will be the core of the attendance, closer to the corporations who will purchase the suites and other sponsorships....hell, closer to where the players, coaches and staff actually live.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And one more thing.....wasn't one of the big complaints from Fire fans about Bridgeview is that it is much farther away from downtown Chicago then Soldier Field...and that it is in the Southern suburbs and not the more afluent and soccer rich Northern suburbs????

5. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    This location is south west, but close to the second loop north-south artery, so it's convenient from the sw, w and nw burbs. Less so for the "north shore" along the lake. Soccer is very strong in all the Chicago burbs. Northshore isn't really the stronghold

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    But you will be asking many of your fans to make a longer drive to the games, right? Isn't that exactly what you just criticized Frisco for doing? Wow....amazing what happens when you fail to think before you type, huh?

7. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    actually the drive will be less time for 80% of the metro area and up to 20 minutes longer for 20% of the market (the north side of the city and the north shore). The Chicago lakefront (Soldier Field) is on the eastern edge of the metro area. Bridgeview is at the mid point of the metro area from an east-west perspective.

peter

8. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Thanks Peter.

What about airport and hotel access?

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But it wasn't "pioneered" in Frisco. It's part of Columbus Crew Stadium. That's what the big concrete pad at the south end is for.

10. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    hahaha my apologies i just wasnt paying attention it was damarcus , but to my credit i was thinking dave matthews band because he played a couple shows at hdc over the summer or maybe it was last summer, anyways..........bye

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am now waiting for Greg Elliot to make an appearance on the Fire list.

12. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Not that it matters one iota, but it sure looks like a concert stage to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is what he is saying.

I hope we do something with that stage to dress it up some during the games.

A beer garden maybe. A row of barca loungers for lucky fans. A couple rows of tempororay bleachers. Banners and such. Leaving it empty would be pretty lame during games.

14. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    They could let Bevo roam around the stage.

They could put an ice rink on the stage and let the soccer moms skate with their kiddies instead of letting them run up and down the seats all game long.

They could have a couple "kiddie" mascots put on the those sumo wrestling suits and wrestle all game long. And for the dads in the audience have a couple hooters girls mud wrestle in an adjascent ring.

Hire the actors that stage the shootout scene at Six Flags.

Dont forget Inflatable Bevo needs to be in there somewhere.

The possibilities are limitless.

One thing I really hope they do it to put some huge posters with FC Dallas images in the background of the stage area. Think back to the huge Nolan Ryan banners that used to adorn the exterior of Arlington stadium. They could blow up the poster that they handed out at the last game of the season.

15. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please stop. If someone from HSG reads this, they just might do it. Hell, someone from Columbus may already have implemented one of those ideas by now.

I don't think Elliott can fight them all by himself.

16. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So...what is this facination with roofs. Ta tell you the truth, two of my favorite teams in Mexico, Cruz Azul and Pumas have stadiums with NO roofs.

Cruz Azul
    [​IMG]

UNAM Pumas
    [​IMG]

I have been in games where the stadium has NO roof, but that somehow didn't stop the enjoyment of the game.

Not having is not the end of the world. NOT HAVING a stadium is another problem.

El Chapulin Colorado

17. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cruz Azul's look good. But I don't like Pumas' stadium beacuse it has that ugly running track around the pitch. I know it was used for the Summer Olympics in the 60's, but Olympics type stadium aren't good for the soccer atmosphere (i.e. Bayern Munich's).

18. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoy the roof because it adds something to the atmosphere. As you know, we need all the help we can get in that department. The roof helps channel the escaping noise back onto the pitch which in turn will make the game more interesting for the fans and players alike.

19. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    We'd eat his ass alive.

20. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    of course you would. you're a chicago fan. eating ass is all you ever do.

21. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd be upset if we did have a roof. I want to enjoy Big Sky country during the spring and autumn. And I don't want any excuse to put day games during the summer.

If Chicago fans feel the need for one, then more power to them but it doesn't mean it is necessary or even wanted down here along the southern edge of the Great Plains. C'est la difference.

22. needsashower

needsashower New Member

May 2, 2004
    down by the river
    At first, I really thought that you were referring to DeMarcus Beasley. I gots confussedt!

23. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    WATCH OUT! TOSSED SALAD MAN!

Classic Chitcago Fans....

El Chapulin Colorado

24. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    youre not the only one dont worry :cool:

25. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    La Joya ISD has one of the coolest stadiums in the Valley. No roof. It also has one of the best men's soccer team at high school level. Every futbol game, la barra de los Coyotes has about 20 youts. You can heard those crazy ***** through out the stadium. If FCD needs a roof for help with crowd noise...oy vey.....

El Chapulin Colorado