Another stadium another stage

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

you must spread some rep.....yea yea yea.........fvck the fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get off our board you no good whores!

2. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let him bask in his ignorance. We can all say "I told you so" when his roof is cut.

Edit: Oh, and the Fire SUCK

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

Just a reminder, the Fire are our Biatches

4. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah, I think AEG would probably step in if that happened. Hell, what's 1-2 million for them when Bridgeview is paying for the rest? That could have even been a possible stipulation.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yes, I suppose thats true, but originally AEG was going to be paying for a share of the stadium, but the city decided to go it alone.....I'm guessing there is a reason they want total ownership of the building process. That doesn't mean AEG can't step in and provide funds for something they specifically want, but its interesting nonetheless.

6. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    AGGRO!!!!
    It sad that these Dallas supporters are obviously jealous of our new ground. As has been stated over and over, they have already made budgetary cuts on the design and construction. Its unlikely to change from whats in the latest rendering. See, the Fire organization is run properly. We dont change things midstream. Steady and smooth. (cough:burn/fcdallas:cough:roof/no roof:cough) Darn this cough! Enjoy your wok!

7. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed

8. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    so young so naieve cough cough try actually winning a game against us cough cough

9. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    You should really take something for your cough. Maybe you can boil up some chicken soup in that wok you'll be playing in.

10. Burnfan68

Burnfan68 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I thought this was a thread on the new stadium. Not another thread where FCD and Fire fans beat up on each other. That gets kinda old sometimes doesn't it ??

Anyway, congrats to the Fire for gettting a really cool looking stadium that is actually near TOWN ! That I am jealous about. Frisco is so damn far out from Dallas. Really from anything ! Oh well, at least we have a SSS that we will be good looking and be a home for youth soccer as well.

go Burn !! err...ah....FC Dallas !!!

BTW, I really don't like the Fire either. But, I really don't think this is a good place for all of the bashing. Lets hope that the plans are stuck to for he stadium. What is it going to be called ?? Looks a bit like a boat !

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It never gets old. And thank you to our Illinois geishas for giving this thread a "happy ending."

But hey, they're spending $70 million on a stadium complex and we're spending $65 million. For basically the same money, we had different spending requirements than they did. They're getting a pretty roof that doesn't cover all that many seats, we're getting 17 nice rec fields. Their roof will make dozens, if not hundreds, of BigSoccer posters ecstatic, our rec fields will forge an even deeper grassroots connection to the local soccer community.

It's all about different spending priorities

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    End of thread.

13. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    We're sitting you effs under the gutter spout if you ever actually, you know, travel to a game or anything.

14. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bite your tongue!

15. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was the Village of Bridgeview....

16. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Fire home fans = Village Idiots

done.

17. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then again, you guys keep coming down but don't have the class to come by and hang out. I figure that is six of one...

That is, unless you're afraid that you'll blow a gasket and hit someone. Then, your restraint is probably your best self protection, and in that situation I don't blame you.

(No, I am not really serious about the aggro stuff.)

18. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I never got the purpose of going to someone's away stadium and haging out with their fans if you don't know them and aren't friends with them and they support the opposition. this is Major League Soccer, not Major League Friendship.

I know a few other people feel differently but that's how I and a lot of others feel. i keep my distance. it's better that way.

19. buffalo

buffalo New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffalo

I hope DMB plays all the stadiums soon. I am glad he is in Holland, but would love to see him play CS, HDC, Frisco and Bridgeview. ;)

20. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

wont happen in frisco, texas stadium or the AAC seems to be DMB's choice venue in the dfw area

21. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    he was making a reference to a recently-departed Jitterbug from the Chicago Fire... ;)

22. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I don't buy this for a second. There is no quantity or quality of rec fields that justifies asking many of the 20,000 fans to travel an extra 20 miles for every match. The higher end design in Bridgeview is all gravy.

Frisco was the best option in Dallas and you grabbed it. But that deal paved the way for Bridgeview to do a much, much, much better deal from MLS's perspective. Bridgeview is putting up all the money, to build a higher end stadium much closer to downtown.

23. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your first problem is that you look at the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex the same way you look at Chicago. That perspective leads you to think that proximity to downtown Dallas would be a positive and that Frisco's distance from Dallas is a negative. Frisco's distance from downtown Dallas is neither a positive nor a negative for this market. For many people it will be a shorter drive than the Cotton Bowl, for others, it will be a longer one.

Of the five major team sports in D/FW, only two play in downtown Dallas. The MLB team plays 20 miles to the west in Arlington, as will the NFL team. The NFL team's current home is 10 miles to the northwest. Neither of the two teams has a particular problem drawing fans. Meanwhile, the Burn's home was only a couple of miles to the east of downtown Dallas and they never set any attendance records there. There is a college football team that plays a few miles to the north of downtown that can't draw flies.

There are more Fortune 500 companies with headquarters or major facilities within 15-20 miles of the Frisco stadium as there are within 15-20 miles of downtown Dallas. This is not a joke. While I can easily name five Fortune 500 companies with thousands of employees within 20 miles of the Frisco stadium, I can't do the same for downtown Dallas.

Proximity to downtown Dallas is nice, but it's not everything.

24. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all about revenue streams.

roof, no additional revenue.

Fields, additional revenue.