Another reason to hate the metroscum [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by luvsuperbobby15, Sep 1, 2002.

1. luvsuperbobby15

luvsuperbobby15 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    los angeles, CA
    another reason to hate the metroscum

ok ok so i went to the galaxy/metrostars game...please don't shun me. anyways, as we all know the metrostars lost horribly, and well, timmy howard wasn't really that happy during the last minutes of the game. i always wanted to be a ball kid and well after this i don't want to be anymore. the ball went out of play behind the goal and over the advertisement boards. howard went to get the ball from the ball kid and grabs his shirt and pulls him forward, grabs the ball, and then pushes the kid out of the way. it was horrible, damn metroscum and their abusive ways.

2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I like how you are going to the games that don't involve United, way to support the league!!

As for being ball boys, my team has done it 4 or 5 times now. At first I was nervous, but if some rival goalie did that to me, well he'd hear it for the rest of the game. Actually, he would've already been hearing it the entire game.

I can proudly claim that I have to have been one of the most byast ball boys ever. Whenever DC United would need the ball I was always quick and attentive, but whenever the other team needed it I "zoned out" into space for a minute to slow everything down, and when I did "realize" they needed my help I made sure my throws were nice, lobbed, high arcing balls.

Do you ever wonder why Mark Lisi came right to me for his celebration after beating Meola in the season opener last year? OK well maybe that was just coincidence, but I'd like to think that I helped somewhat at least.

Oh, I liked to talk a lot of trash to the players too, you know they didn't expect it from the Ball Kids.

3. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Not that I would ever question the word of someone with the user name of "luvsuperbobby15," especially when the comment goes completely against the personality of the player he/she is commenting on, but I was just looking over the Galaxy board, and there isn't one single comment about this incident. Nothing I saw on ESPN showed it either. You'd think the opposing team's keeper assaulting a ball kid would cause an uproar.

JMac

4. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Very true. Didn't Mike Ammann make a ball girl cry one time and there was a big thing about that? Or am I just imagining things again.

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Metros

Shun you!?!? I applaud you! As Thamlin pointed out, this league NEEDS our support. The fact that you went to see a local game when it wasn't even "your" team playing is great! Next time try to convince some friends to tag along. :D

By the way, the Galaxy (with possibly the least attractive uniforms in the league) will be replacing the less-than-great teal color with a dark green next season. That will also coincide with the Rapids change from Green and White to Black and Blue next season. So, there's a good opportunity to get some "old school" Galaxy stuff before they change colors if you're interested.

I certainly do NOT condone that sort of behavior. But, not knowing the circumstances and how it was done I don't know what to say. Howard is generally a very nice guy, and that does seem a bit out of character for him. Most of the rest of their team, maybe, but Howard seems to have his temper under control under most circumstances. The strain of underperforming for a coach that is gutting his roster and may be replaced (meaning possible sweeping personnel changes next season) has created a lot of stress in the Metros. When former best friends Jolley and Petke are fueding, you know the stress level is high.

I think this offseason may be a big one for the Metros. Zambrano may not return, Mathis may leave for Europe, and their defense and attacking midfield is in much dissarray. They have too much talent to be at the bottom of the table ... but then again, so do we. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Sarachan take the reins next season ... but if he does, watch out, he could whip those guys into shape very quickly.

-Tron

6. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Tron you were talking about buying that stuff so we can burn it at their games right?

7. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Yeah, about two seasons ago Ammann yelled at a ball girl and it was message board fodder for months. While I expect things like that to be more important between two heated rivals, I sincerely doubt that Howard could have assaulted a ball kid in the way the original poster said without a single comment being posted about it anywhere.

JMac

8. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Heh, well if you buy it you can do whatever you like with it. The important thing is that the revenues flow back to MLS. :D

Actually, I'd prefer that they wear it around town, like all the time, so eventually people would begin to ask what it was and give a little free publicity to MLS. Hey, if people in Cali go to Galaxy games I'm happy. After they see Skip, Knave and the rest of our loyal DC United Contingent I'm sure they'll say to themselves ... wow, that team sure has a fanatical following, even on the opposite side of the US ... maybe I should be supporting United. ;)

Anyway, supporting MLS is great, regardless of the club you support. Ultimately I'd like more supporters to become Nielsen Households and pump the ratings for every MLS game out there ... heck, every soccer game out there as well. Once we have a sizeable market share of the TV viewership, MLS will begin to make money off of its TV contracts and there will be more MLS on public/cable TV, which in turn attracts more followers ... etc.

-Tron

9. mikesterw

mikesterw New Member

May 2, 2001
    Long Island, NY
    I think everyone here is losing sight of what this thread was originally about..... hating hte metropukes. Its great to support the league, I do it by going to games and such, but the main focus here should be despising those puky donkey's that play out of the meadowlands. C'mon all lets not lose focus if we all concentrate hard enough then maybe we can help propell the great DC United past the metrosux and into the playoffs!!!