Another player for DC United fans to hate

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Jose L. Couso, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I already hate him with a great hating.

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I can't believe Bradley has given up on the youth....
    blah blah blah.

(just wanted to hear it associated with someone else...) :D

3. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Actually, I have a different complaint about this. I had assumed that the Metros had used up all their discoveries this year (such as the Galvan and Forchetti acquisitions--the Argies who are on loans). But the Pole is listed as a discovery. If they had an outstanding discovery, why weren't Metro required to use him on Johnny Walker? If he wasn't acquired via allocation or lottery or superdraft or waivers, they must have acquired him somehow.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't matter. DC is going to overtake the Metros in the standings anyhow, and noone will remember this guys name!

5. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    They "acquired" him from San Jose.

6. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Shakespeare couldn't have said it better.

7. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So has anyone else noticed the strong resemblence to Drago from Rocky IV? Something smells fishy.

8. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I don't hate any players.

Well except Ruiz. And Jones. And Geuvara. And Mathis. And Pierce. And Lalas. And Chung. And Broome. And...........etc...etc. etc.

9. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United

They both get their ass kicked by the underdog...

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    At least they are both Aryan enough for their supporters clubs... :D

11. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The traded San Jose for a "discovery player to be named later" on the trading deadline, the league essentially ignoring the published rule that you can only trade discovery players, not discovery clots.

They could have done what DC did - within the rules - and IR Moreno and sign the guy as a replacement. But he wanted more than the short-term deal Martins has and a decent chunk of change for next year, so they got around the deadline with that little trick.

And when an anti-conspiracy theory guy like me gets pissed about this kind of crap, it's pretty bad.

12. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    United'll still put the smack down on there candy a$$.

13. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Said it before and I will say it again. The MLS rulebook is like a six-pack of shlitz. Not sure what it exactly means, but it seems appropriate.

If you think that MLS ignoring the rules for the Scum is bad jut wait until the Chivas join the league. That will be a disgrace.

14. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My emotion is more one of pity

Welcome to a sinking ship, please move to the right, so DCU can pass on the left

15. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone think that another F/GK will make a difference?

16. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say that? Since Vergara has said they will play by the rules and MLS says he will have to play by the rules and people from individual teams say they have to play by the rules, why is their an assumption they will get a free pass? Vergara's idiot executives have run their mouths a few times and been contradicted each and every time.

Everyone gets some leeway. But when it's done for a rule that is published - like this instance - it's more egregious.

17. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I'm taking 3: the number of posts afer this before a metro fan (paging the field marshall...Sir Alexander...) struts in here trying to rationalize this and "explain" to us DC fans (hey, they're doing US a favor) how this is exactly and fully within MLS' water tight rules and how we DC fans are undermining the standing and perception of MLS as a whole and the fate of western civilization by questioning the veracity, legitimacy, and general cackamameebullcrapness of this shenanigan.

Cheers,
    Tim

18. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Already been done. Check out Monster's thread in the MLS forum. "I'm in charge here" has already explained how it's really DC that broke the rules, that 1+1 isn't two at all and that we're all just a bunch of malingering whiners.

19. michael greene

Oct 31, 2002
    I'm Confused

Is that guy really Polish? The only Polish national team forward I remember from Korea looks like this.......

[​IMG]

20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Phase one: sign foreign talent. Phase two: ... Phase three: assign to MetroStars.

21. mkpage

mkpage Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Alexandria, VA
    Seemed to work well for those pesky underpants gnomes living in South Park.

Step one: steal underpants. Step two: ... Step three: profits.

22. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    And you don't think the MLS will let the Chivas get away with the similar stuff in their quest to field an all hispanic team.

MLS rules change all the time (or rather are re-interpreted) all the time when serves MLS purpose. Example: the scum.

23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful, that's one of GrillMaster's favorite "beers" ;)
    I remember people getting miffed when the trade was made. The least they could have done was get SJ to sign him (pending approval, paperwork, blah blah blah) and then trade him, not the slot. It still would have been silly, but it might have maybe appeared a tiny bit more legitimate. Nothing the league does for LA or NJ will ever truly surprise me.

24. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I for one am not going to complain too much, because those same silly MLS rules are probably going to end up allowing me to watch Freddy Adu in a DCU uniform next season!! (can you say season tickets?) Anyway, as for Vergara, the league isn't going to allow him to field the Mexican national team. Sure, if he wants to stock them with Mexican-Americans, he will probably be able to get away with it, but then, the team wouldn't win. He is posturing for the Mexican support, that's all. When the time comes, he will have a few Mexicans, maybe a few others of Mexican descent, and then the rest of his guys will look just like the other teams in the league. take that one to the bank.

25. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Agree with you 100% on this post. Not like they would concentrate in winning the MLS more than their own league, but still valid.

In Mexico, reporters are talking about using some of their current second team players to come to the US. If this goes through, I predict Chivas USA will be last place West in 2004. 1 more point than MetroScums on the Eastern Conference.