Another Petition to save our club.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ChanceTheDog, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
  2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hmm. I think some rather more direct action is required. Let's remind them of Anfield's hostile atmosphere for opponents of the club when they next visit, for a start.

3. tarheelfan490

tarheelfan490 New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    arlington, va
    well, i was 100% backing rafa when everyone said he needed to beat marseille to avoid the sack, but after four draws in a row against shit teams i'm starting to wonder if there is a point where a replacement should be discussed

4. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Man City beat Man Utd and Middlesbrough beat Arsenal this season. Get some perspective.

5. Media Man

Media Man New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Here's some... 0 titles in 17 years.

Liverpool supporters need to wake up -- the club isn't strong enough. The problem is the people who have been running the club for the last two decades -- they are the ones who don't get it.

If you don't like G&H - fine; that's your right. If you think they are the end-all of Liverpool's problems, you're delusional.

Every day that Liverpool supporters spout their xenophobic rhetoric, the club turns more-and-more into Newcastle United. A passionate, but totally out-of-touch fan base that just is unwilling to see its own faults. Someone else is always to blame.

6. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    Thanks for the advise. Now why don't you run along and spread your wisdom on another board. Thanks.

7. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You really are ignorant and stupid.

Unlike Newcastle, we support our manager and players and are against those who dont respect the club, managerial staff, players and fellow supporters.

We dont think that G & H are the only problems...some players have also been out of form and most have been injured (5 players in our whole squad havent been injured, while every regular starting player has missed matches, for a total of 107 matches missed).

You have also suggested to the Liverpool board that Defoe and Bent would be good buys as subs :eek:. We dont need subs, we need players who can play 1st team football and challenge for starting positions. You also suggested that in January we sell 3 players (Carson, Crouch and Sissoko) and buy 5 players...no one buys 5 players in January unless they have major holes in their squad.

8. LFCFan8585

LFCFan8585 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    PETITIONS are worthless. Do you think this crap with do much good?

Nothing is good as a direct protest from the fans at England.

Force the Americans out.

Thats a good solution :D

9. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we force them out, who takes over? We've purchased a bunch of players this year and we have no finishers. We have 2 players that do something in the attack for the most part and a bunch of people that aren't living up to any sort of expectation. If you want to blame the owners then go ahead, but their not drawing up the tactics and definitely not choosing the side every week. The 4-5-1 at home a couple weeks ago in that draw?! Come on. I was all set to name my first born Rafa too, but after this bit of non-sense.

Hopefully the bank issues can get sorted out, when the other yanks took over man utd everyone threw hissy fits then too. Now look, they're back to being the richest club in the world, who make pretty smart buys in the transfer market where we have been all over the place.

10. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    I said in the first post I'm not a big believer in these things, I was just passing it along.

So please stick that bold type up your arse, and get yourself chained to the Shankly Gates you ********ing tit.

11. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You are thinking a bit too simply and almost too 'English' about the tactics. Rafa or any manager doesnt choose a group of numbers and hope (eg 4-4-2, 4-4-3). The team plays a system, those numbers are nominal and have no influence on the style of play of the team. Rafa basically played a 4-2-3-1 in defence and a 4-2-1-3 in attack. This was due to him knowing that Wigan were going to have 10 men behind the ball and a 4-4-2 doesnt clogs up the space in the middle. Also the problem with anyone bagging Rafa for his tactics this time and telling him to play 2 strikers obviously has forgotten about all the other draws and losses when weve played 2 strikers. What is the point of playing another striker if he is going to be less effective than Gerrard, Xabi or Masch? You cant just blame Rafa when he actually did the right thing with his tactics by employing a lineup capable of passing the ball in confined spaces.

12. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington

The formation for the Wigan game really did split peoples opinions. And I really can see what you mean, and you might be right. But for me it was more about the 5 players he had in midfield and the fact Gerrard was the only goal threat. If Pennent scored the odd goal, or Kewell was playing well I'd say the formation would have been OK (even though we didn't win) as a 5 man midfield can be an aggresive formation with the right players.

But hey that was a few weeks ago and we've got bigger fish to fry (Hopefully G&H). And like I said there's definatly 2 sides to this formation debate.

13. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh...yes.

Another thread discussing the owners and Rafa.

Psssst...we already have a thread started on this. :D

14. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken. Thread closed, link is available for all to use.