Another New Dawn!!

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by David Hankey, Oct 1, 2010.

1. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Great Easton, Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here we go again with today's news from the Walkers Stadium that Paulo Sousa appointed only in July sacked and we are now looking for yet another manager.

Chairman Mandaric has finally realised that his latest error in bringing Sousa to Leicester had to be corrected. One win in nine games is far from brilliant and there really was only one course of action.

Sousa inherited a successful team who were so close in getting to the Premiership last term and should have built on those solid foundations. Instead, he tried to impose his methods which were inept at best as this seasons results have shown. He was clearly out of his depth and Leicester City will be the better for his dismissal.

Mandaric is certainly living up to his much heralded and foolish '20 manager' statement. It is reported Sven-Goran Erickssson is the bookies favourite to takeover as manager although that will not go down well many supporters. We continue to live in hope, let's hope we don't die in despair!!

2. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So Leicester City have announced that Sven-Goran Ericsson the former England, Mexico and Ivory Coast coach will takeover the vacant manager's role. I must say given his track record at English football clubs i.e. Manchester City and Notts County things again do not bode well for Leicester City.

After being on the verge of signing a new deal in Saudi Arabia, SGE has decided Leicester City will be the better bet. I just hope he's not here for the Thai baht alone and that we can make some real progress. Time will tell.

3. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the history of both Sven and the City board, my guess is that they will give Sven a four year contract and he'll last about 10 matches.

4. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    SGE has been given a 2 year contract reportedly to be worth £2M!!

His first match will this w/end against the Thailand international side in a friendly PR game to promote Leicester City to the Thai footballing audience.

The real work starts next Saturday with a home fixture against, ironically, Hull City who are managed by Nigel Pearson the successful manager Mandaric chose to get rid of. It'll be very interesting to see the outcome of this encounter.

'Up the City'!!:D

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States