Another injury

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SoccerKnight, Apr 25, 2006.

1. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That might happen, but I think it's unlikely to stay that way for 90 minutes. The could bring on Sims at some point for Cancela and move Dempsey back.

Of course, Nicol has been talking about staying with a 3-4-3 and I don't see a spot for Cancela there.

2. Brian Gockley

Brian Gockley Member

May 20, 2004
    Lewisburg PA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking that only if Noonan is out.

Not to make this a Pepe whirlpool, but sheesh, it seems like Clint scored 7-8 goals as a DM while Pat and Taylor were tearing things up with Pepe behind them. Remind me what was wrong with that alignment? Clint did score at least one of those as a forward against Chicago, but we are now not dangerous from anywhere but the front. I think we have flattened out in the attack too much. Instead of adding a needed threat from the left, we have rearranged to our disadvantage.

3. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Marlborough, MA, USA
    I'll agree with this.

It looks like the 3-4-3 that Nicol implemented, turns out to be more of a 7-0-3.

Good defense, and no offense. Our opponents have mustered a handfull of goalposts, and a looping header for a goal. And we have ... er ... well ... it's like my cell phone always says: "No Service"