Another Dutch Superstar to Barcelona?

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by astabooty, Nov 11, 2003.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Yes, I also read that two days ago on tribalfootball. It is known that Van der Vaarts parents are from spain (his mother) and he expressed wish to play in spain already some times ago. And it is also known that his favorite club in spain is BARCA.
    But vdv has contract with Ajax until 2005 and they want to keep him by offering a new one and not selling him. Anyway, the problem is that he just to expensive. Nobody want to pay such amount of money for the player now. His price is the same as Zidane was before he went to Real and rising every day.
    If we want vdv, we will have to wait and sign him when his contract expires (2005).
    Perhaps Laporta might do another surprise?! (as long as FR will be barca manager we will be interesting for ajax and other dutch players)

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i thought for a minute bogarde was coming back

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    very funny ABel! Bogarde! :mad:

5. Jay Clark

Jay Clark New Member

May 21, 2001
    Wrigleyville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ha ha ha!

I'd rather go "whole hog" and get someone like Reyes who knows the league, but of course Nido has some ridiculous buyout fee in Reyes contract so you can forget that. I don't see VdV coming either, but who knows. Strange things happen.

6. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    What ridiculous fee, Liverpool offered around 30 million € for him (if they sell Owen, which will happen) and they are going to accept!!! (for more see thread "We need a new striker")

7. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was on planet football yesterday

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=172123

8. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    Every player has absurd buy out clauses in their contract. It protects a team from another club buying out their player without the teams permission.

Take Reyes, the buyout clause is 100M, liverpool could give 100M to Sevilla and buy the player without any if and or but.

When the players are trasnferred under contract, all three parties must agree to the transfer. I am sure Sevilla is not expecting 100M for the player and I am also sure Sevilla does not have plans to keep him. Reyes, will not finish his career with Sevilla. 30M is outrageuos, I don't see it, yet.

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, its a Spanish league rule that each player have a buyout clause or "Minimum Fee Release " clause. However, I believe once the Fee is met, the player still has to sign w/ the new club. Its possible that a player rejects the new contract until the Window runs out and that player continues w/ the old team.

Either way, no money is transferred until the player signs the new deal w/ the new team

10. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    :D you have been playing way too much champ man!!! :p

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I have...

Yes I truly truly have..

12. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Talking about Rafael van der Vaart those who knows Ajax atleast so good as I do will add here also Sneijder. He is much cheaper but his quality is the same as van der Meyde, perhaps even as Rafael the God.

But this is just talking, not reality.

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sneijder was absolutely marvelous for Holland against Scotland, the 2nd leg. I don't like when VDV plays Striker , I wish Advocaat would play VDV in the Midfield more.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Playing him as a striker happens because the Dutch have too many number 1 strikers who are used to getting all the service and being deferred to... When VDV is used as a second striker in support to one of the other strikers it should simplify attacking, he just needs to get a string of games playing that role so that he understands what is required and that a bond can form between him and Ruud.
    Playing him in the middle has its advantages though, and really, whereever he plays he needs to stay there cuz no one can play well when being moved constantly.

15. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Ajax, VDV is the No. 10 (He's number 23) however, He should be used like Bergkamp, he's probably a better dribbler than Lord Dennis. The Oranje's other problem is that they have Youth and Experience. The young Dutch National Team members (Robben, Sneijder, VDV, VDM) are brillant players in their own right, but because the old guard (Overmars and the rest) they don't get enough time to showcase.

If somehow VDV would come to Barca by 04 or even 2005, We'd have the best Midfield under 25 in the World. It would be ridiculous. VDV, Ronnie, JRR, Quaresma, Xavi

We wouldn't need a formation or "system". Hell we wouldn't need a defense either. No one could disposess them in all of Spain. They could play 2 teams at Once.

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    erm Roman is already 25.

17. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States