Another cold one please - Beer Thread pt 2

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Uppa 90, Jan 16, 2007.

1. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ones I know of are a strong Belgian ale and a saison. They had both of those at an event in Parkville and the brewmaster said they were going to be added to the year round list.

2. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When my mom visited the brewery awhile back they got to try some different ones that they were thinking of adding but I don't remember what they were.

3. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had some Sierra Nevada IPA over the weekend... really good... i mean, i guess i only had 1 of the 6 pack i bought, so i can continue this thought when i down the rest...

4. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had Leinenkugels Honey Weis this weekend it was awful. It tasted like coors light. I was extremely dissapointed.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I went to Granite City (in Zona Rosa) this weekend and had their Broad Axe Stout. It was amaaaazing.

6. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Their beer is decent, I think their IPA is the best. The thing I dont like about their beer is that there is nothing unique about it. They didnt do anything to them to make them standout from anyone else's beer. Their lager is terrible, taste like water with a splash of beer.

7. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I thought the stout was insanely good. All their beers were standard though, no special flavors or blends.

8. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    weird, i didn't care for the stout...

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought there stout was okay, I would rather have a Guinness.

The one thing I like about Granite City is that you can join there mug club and get 25oz mugs for 3 bucks anytime.

10. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    SHIT!!! I bought a 6 pack of Blue Moon, and drank two of them. Then my friend gave me a ride home and when I stepped out of the car the bottom of the box broke and the remaining 4 bottles fell to the ground. Three of them shattered.

What a ********ing waste of good beer. And as I'm on the poor college student budget, I don't get good beer all the time.

11. thewizrule

thewizrule New Member

Mar 14, 2006
    OP, KS
    i frickin hear ya! as a college student with no money, i think more people should have those nice 6 packs that boulevard has. full box all the way around. plus if you're gonna spend the money, its hard for me to pull away for any one of thier beers.

12. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real question is .... why did you stop drinking at 2 beers if you had a ride home :D

13. ockk

ockk Member

Jun 1, 2003
    raymore
    a friend gave me a 6 pack of Mc EWAN'S scotch ale not too bad will probaly buy some if i ever find it

14. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    The store was out of Murphy's (my stout of choice) so I picked up two 4 packs of Young's Double Chocolate and a sixer of Sam Adams White Ale for KT. Last night I had a sixer of the White Ale, also (love that Wit Bier, not as good as Bells, but rivals Boulevard's Zon) plus a pint bottle of Fuller's 1845. Oh yeah, and i had a sixer of Boulevard Wheat on Thur.

Damn. I guess I've been hitting the sauce a lot lately.

15. KC_Karma

KC_Karma New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo
    Just consider it training for tailgate season ;)

16. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just picked up a mix pack of Breckenridge beer we'll see how they are tommorow during the KU game. I've had their vanilla porter before and liked it so I have high hopes.

17. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Because I like to enjoy good beer, not pound it. And I was wanting to save the other four for Friday night.

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I do that sometimes. Especially if I am having a Porter or Stout that is really thick. I drink them slowly and enjoy the taste.

19. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I have to say living in the River Market now has its beer pros and cons.

Grand Slam Liquors? (all I've found so far) < Gomers
    River Market Brewery > Anything in Lee's Summit

20. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... It sucks. A lot. But it's better than I expected for a downtown liquor store that caters to the lower-middle socioeconomic segment.

And you're closer to a Peanut living there... :)

21. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try Cellar Rat. It's at (around) 16th and Baltimore. I always go there for wine, but I THINK they have quite a few rare beers to choose from.

Grand Slam is really the only close place to go, but there are Berbiglias on Main, Gillham and Southwest Trafficway.

22. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a Peanut two blocks from me in Lee's Summit as well. Good selection of stuff on tap, but I have to give the RM Brewery extra credit for making their own.

Even the tiny shops like Tarantino's (amazing sandwiches if you haven't been there) serve a few decent beers inside.

23. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Just picked up the new Boulevard Lunar Ale. Anyone tried it yet? I'm about to.

24. Goalieo

Goalieo Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live downtown and the CVS pharmacy has great prices on booze. I got a fifth of Seagrams 7 for $9 and a 30 of Miller lite for $16. It is close to City Centre Square.

Grand Slam = expensive but convienent.

I'm training for opening day. I have a feeling that I will not be at work that Thursday, especially if EJ walks around up top all night.

25. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish but they don't sell boulevard out here it sucks ass, you'll have to let me know how it is. Maybe I'll get my parents to bring some out next time they're here visiting.