Another Boca Juniors Brawl after a Loss. Nothing new. (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by MiamiAce, Oct 19, 2005.

1. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    It's definitely automatic now. It NEVER fails.

Everytime Boca Juniors loses in a big match in either the Copa Sudamericana or the Copa Libertadores, they whine like big babies, a few get red-carded in the last few minutes, and then they start a big brawl.

What the heck is wrong with these Argentines?? It never, never, never fails.

Boca lost at the very last minute to SC Inter tonight in Porto Alegre, Brazil. A few minutes after the winning goal by Inter, Boca players got red-carded, started pushing the referee, and try to incute a big rawl. The riot squad had to come in and protect the refs and opposing players. This is the 4th time that I can remember in recent international competitions that the Argentines have done this childish stuff causing a big brawl. Why can't this team ever, EVER, handle the fact that they lost a big game?? This team is embarassing. Don't know how anyone supports this team full of children.

2. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

why is this news to you? For how long have you been following football?

3. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    if it's nothing new, they why start a thread on it, ya dunce...?

4. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A loss and a Brawl... Sadly it NEVER happenes in Argentina but in another country always.. sadly it is not just bosta it's every team from Argentina... a terrible trend of unproffessionalism at every level...

5. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami Ace started this redundant thread because he doesnt like Boca Juniors. That's all. Nothing else. Yeah, he might not like the immaturity displayed but there will always be violence and the occasional riot in football. If he was true to his word, than he must not follow football virtually at all. Let alone anywhere in 70% of the world where this happens.

Dale Boca.

...and I do agree that Boca has major sore losing issues. When you've been taught as a club that losing is unacceptable at all costs, this is what can happen.

I blame the system!

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Hmm... River Plate didn't start a brawl vs. SPFC when they lost the first leg of the Libertadores this year - and neither when Palmeiras beat them 3-0 in 1999.

Rosario Central didn't start a riot when they were eliminated on PKs by SPFC last year in the round of sixteen of the Libertadores.

Well, River did get into a brawl with America de Cali in 2003...

And when Boca lost to Once Caldas on PKs there was no brawl. Someone refresh my memory, did Boca start a brawl when they lost 4-0 in Mexico this year? I don't think so, though.

But yeah... Boca does need to grow up.

7. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I'm not trying to single out Boca or Argentines here, because we know it happens at clubs around the world- in other sports as well. But I think that when this happens the clubs have to discipline the players somehow in a way that they know it's not an acceptable representation of the club and that they must never do it again. It's bad enough when fans get out of control, but it is absolutely unacceptable for players.

But anyone who thinks this is a problem only for Boca Juniors or for Argentine clubs is deluded.

8. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    I don't know what you guys are talking about..
    maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a brawl.

an argument, yes... but no brawl.

also the police over reacted by surrounding the referee...
    really ridiculous.

:rolleyes:

9. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    I agree,nothing to go crazy about.

People talk like its easy...but being in a game especially in an internacional game where it involves teams from Argentina and Brazil noone wants to loose and especially the way boca did.There wasn't a foul to begin with and then last ball of the game ends up in the back of the net.I would explode also in some way or another.Its hard to keep calm in a sport thats emotional in many ways just to say '"ohwell maybe next!" f-u-c-k that.

Dont get me wrong I am happy boca lost and all but thats the truth,@least thats the way I see it cause I also see someone has mentioned other incidents involving Argentinean teams.

River vs America in Copa Libertadores 03,why was it that everything started?Americas coach hiding the ball ni where River desperatley needed a goal to cut down the difference with time running out? How would you react?

River vs Sao Paolo I think it was the Libertadores also a couple of years back,2 the most.Where both teams were fighting and doing flying kicks?Would you just blame the River players? If you have that game watch it again.

One of the biggest fights to break out was boca vs colo colo back in the Libertadores of 91.Yeah boca got out of hand a bit after getting scored on for the 3rd time,thinking the chilean player was offsides in where he wasn't.boca players went on top of the reff to claim it was offsides then all hell broke loose.Police,police dogs,news reporters using their cameras as weapons, it was crazy.Now despite boca was bitching that the 3rd goal was offsides wtf do the cops w/dogs and news reporters have to do inside the field?! Navaro Montoya that night got bit by a dog,bocas coach Tabarez had a cut on his face.Despite im a RIVER fan I did enjoy when Giunta and Hrabina were kicking the shyt out of some reporters.

This a sport thats a passion to us and noone likes to loose that involves alot of emotions and nerves in where if theres something thats injustice,expect things to happen.

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I completely agree with you. The ref fuct up in that foul call ... seconds before there was a foul on Marino and he kept ball play. :rolleyes:

The ref also over reacted with the red card ... Pato is a gentleman in the field, he just questioned the ref and gets a 2nd yellow and red.

Anyway ... good post Leo.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It sucks the way that match ended. Looking at it now, after having time to think about it, I don't think the ref tried to influence the game, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He called a foul that didn't exist, but it probably was an honest mistake. Because it really was in an area where it shouldn't have been dangerous. Then the ref should have ended the match, because the injury time was up. But still I don't think he extended the game to help the Brazilians. He probably figured he'd wait until the kick was taken and the play was over. Refs usually do that. They don't like to end the game when there's a free kick to be taken.

But then the ball ends up in the back of the net. So what do you expect to happen? If I was there on the field I would have gone crazy too. It sucks to lose that way, when the game should have been over. And when you're in the heat of battle, who's going to give the ref the benefit of the doubt?

I guess we don't know how to lose, maybe that's a problem for Argentines, maybe for bosteros in particular. This particular incident was overblown, but I guess we already have the rep, so we have to deal with it. Well, I just hope we can beat Inter in Salta. 2-0 would be nice.

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did not see the game myself, but from what I do see very often in many matches in South America the referees leave a lot of room for improvement. What upsets me is that at times I wonder if it is indeed a sport that I am watching or something more like the WWF .... I mean when refs can be bought in the Bundesliga.... what is next????