Another awful Chelsea kit

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by urtel, Aug 18, 2003.

1. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    With all the money that's been spent on transfers, you want your new team to look it's best.

[​IMG]

90-91 away:
    [​IMG]

2. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    don't much care for the new one, but the 90-91 kicks ass. I almost bought one on Ebay.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    If it weren't for the fade out on the sponsor, these would be super cool. Nice and sorta 60's mod.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like them.

Think they are different. Hey, you gotta break out from the same old tired routine sometimes. If Chelsea erupts like everyone thinks they will, every TOM, DICK, and HARRY will be sportin one of this kits soon enough.

5. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Re: I like them.

Not if they're that ugly!

6. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Who gets to pick the kits for the new season, the owner, supporters, players, or kit maker?

7. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    The club signs a contract with a shirt maker. And then the shirt maker decides.

Look at the cookie-cutter shirts NIKE has with their away kits. They all look the same.

8. frightwig

frightwig New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    A guy with that haircut wouldn't look good in any jersey.

9. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    needs a black eye to go with that thing

10. gunnersfan666

gunnersfan666 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Minnesota,USA
    Although I hate Chelsea, I dont think those are that bad.

11. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    i've always preferred the plain white shirts, to me they always look a little bit classier

12. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there wasn't the two blue stripes down the middle, that kit would look a lot better. The stripes make it weird.

13. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Liverpool got it right with the away kit this season. If you guys want a laugh, look at this year's Tottenham 3rd Shirt.

14. spectra

spectra New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I liked the 'Midnight Blue' away kit from last season, I have that one. This one isn't that bad...at first glance I thought it was pretty bad though. The Chelsea home kit from last season had a collar, I liked that too. Seems like no one sports the collar on their shirt anymore.

They're are far worse kits out there like Villas away and from last season Sunderland away, Arsenal away, Spurs away (notice they didnt wear that one much) and that orange Wolves shirt always looks like crap.

15. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I like Chelsea's new kit.

:)

16. futballpunk

futballpunk New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Temperance, MI
    I've seen far worse. I agree that without the fade, they'd be quite smart. Certainly much better than the gaudy printed shirts you see. As far as the solid whites, I always think they look like ordinary t-shirts.

17. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I like the new jersey a good bit, it's original. The collar look a touch off (maybe a V-neck would've suited better) and the fade looka bit strange, but its a good jersey... at least it ain't Villa or West Ham's)... still nothign can beat ManU's lemon&lime of the mid 90s (uuuuggghhh), but the ManU black away jersey looked great

18. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    Original? That style w/ the twin vertical stripe has been done. Both Milan teams had similar kits withing the decade as did Barca. In fact this Chelsea kit is nearly identical to the one Inter wore.

19. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Actually, this is Chelsea's new kit:

[​IMG]

20. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    imagine having to go through the embarrassment of conceding 9 in your first 2 premiership matches to blackburn and charlton, having to go to OT next, having the wear orange AND having to rely on iversen and dean sturridge for goals.

that would suck.

21. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Re: Another awful Chelsea kit

I agree. The fade out strikes me as the sort of thing where they go "hey, the shirt machines [whatever they're called] can do this fade out now. let's add it to our design."