Angry loyal fan

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Greek22, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Greek22

Greek22 New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Cupertino
    I've been a season ticket holder since day one, I have missed maybe 8 or 9 games total since mls began. I went to pay for my playoff tickets at the office on stevens creek and was told I had to purchase the tickets at regular price and only one game at a time. I was unaware of any deadline as far as paying for my playoff seats. What really pissed me off was I felt I was treated rudely and was not appreciated for being one of the few season ticket holders the Quakes have had since the first season. I tried talking to two different people and they just shrugged it off and basically said too bad. Am I wrong for being pissed off. I think something can be done to get me my tickets at the season ticket rate.

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    The payment deadline for season ticket holders to reserve their seats for the playoffs was a LONG time ago, like August 8 or so. If you never got the letter about this, and the accompanying order form, you have every right to be pissed off. If you did get the letter and order form, and blew it off or forgot about it, I can understand the reaction from the Quakes' staff.

PS--I'm also a season ticket holder since day one, and have also had problems with ticketing in the past. But I don't think we deserve any more consideration than someone who became a season ticket holder this year.

3. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    I totally forget my form, but I did recieve a call from stuff so I bought at that time. But as a longtime season ticket holder, the stuff should be at least show some help for the poor guy. Drop an email to the GM may work.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing happened here. They called me because I was quite overdue (it's called procrastination). They came in today. If Quakes staff didn't give you a call, Greek22, I think you've got a complaint.

5. carlov

carlov New Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose California
    I'm a season ticket holder as well, I'd ordered last week thursday mailing the actual form and I've got my tickets on Tuesday, I have only one complain.....no discount for being part of club quakes or for paying way in advance even If the team does not make the 4 games at home in for the playoffs, I think season ticket holders must have more rights than regular fans buying on game day, like the forty whiners, you have better privileges than regular fans including parties with the team, special PARKING (which BTW the quakes are not selling in advance...grrrrrrrrr) , invitation to special events (practices, parties, chats,etc) and no limitation on Authographs or pictures with the players.

6. dutchboy

dutchboy New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    San Jose
    Like me, I also forgot but thank God they gave me a call to tell me I was late so I barely got in at the last second. I think I received a letter or something and just forgot (like usual). I really appreciate it that they at least gave me a call.
    Until we make big bucks like the niners do or any other professional sport around here, don't expect too much from someone who doesn't have much to begin with.

7. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Wheather or not he got the letter or not, Season ticket holders should at least be given the lower price.....I could understand if his seats were gone but why can't he still get the discount???

8. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Just a side note. We share the frustration on not receiving a Club Quake discount. It happens at the beginning of every year and every time the Quakes add a friendly, or a playoff match, etc.

JM assures me we'll put a workable plan in place for regular club specials/prices for 2003. It will be different from this year, but hopefully it will be consistent.

Mike

9. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh Oh. I sent in my order on time and my credit card was charged on 8/8, but as I type this, no sign of any tickets in my mailbox yet. Has everyone who ordered on time received their tickets already?

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have not received mine. I was told we could pick them up at the Shake though.

11. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whew!! Thanks SJQF. I was momentarily hyperventilating in fear that something went awry with my playoff tickets!!

12. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Do you mean the Earthquake Playoff tickets....that were in the white envelope, in your mailbox about a week ago?.....nope, haven't seen them. :D

13. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HEY! Not funny!! If anything happened to my precious tickets, I would die, just DIE! QUAKES games are like medicine for me--oh wait, maybe that's the Harp. ;)

14. Lefty_Juggler

Lefty_Juggler New Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Cupertino, CA
    We picked up out tickets Sunday at the Shake w/ the Quakes day (very fun, by the way, players all very friendly to my kids). Maybe all tickets were there, and then afterwards they mailed/are mailing the unclaimed ones out on Monday?

15. Brad May

Brad May New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    WE HAVE A WINNER! My season ticket rep said they were going out today.

16. ross from st paul

ross from st paul New Member

Sep 13, 2001
    gold river, CA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    >>My season ticket rep said they were going out today.<<

thank goodness for that!!! i'd have had a hard time making it to the shake with the quakes!! :)
    of course, i will turn right around and mail them to brad shafer of the casbah. i wonder if the front office would have helped me out by having them sent directly to brad? columbus did this for me....i guess i've never tried dealing with the quakes front office directly....