Ange Postecoglu at Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Dec 3, 2023.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

This manager at this club. They were made for each other.

Every interview ... everything he says is perfect. Even if we'd conceded from the disallowed late breakaway and lost ... you know what he'd've said ... and you know we'd keep going at it. We'd given the ball away cheaply over and over again, and what does he say at halftime? "I'll take the blame." Not 'stop trying it', but 'trust yourselves, and do it better'.

I am so on board with this shit it's almost embarrassing. It's not optimism ... it's love.

... did I say 'almost'? :unsure:

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    The step up from Celtic was asking a lot of him. To stick to his principles and prove he's right is incredible. You have something special here.

3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    The word authentic has been abused over the last decade, but … that’s a definition I’d ascribe to Ange.

4. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    He will get this right. I think maybe the blip is now over after yesterday's result. We should forge ahead even without our top players. This man knows what he's doing.

5. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Had him at the top of my list and now you all know why haha.

In the past, we've had the wrong manager at the right time and the right manager at the wrong time. This time, I think we've gotten the right manager at the right time.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    He is an excellent coach. You can see what he wants to do, what kind of players he needs to make it work, and, more importantly, what kind of players do not work in his system.

My concern is with the people who run the club. If the people above Ange do not get him the players he needs, it will end like it always does with our coaches. My reservations are based on 22 years of evidence under the current ownership. The first test will be the January window. If we don't get the reinforcements we need, as was the case this summer, we will know it's business as usual at Tottenham and it's just a matter of time before Ange leaves for a club that will back him.

BalanceUT and SF19 repped this.
  7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Did I tell ya? :whistling:

8. NewDadaCoach

NewDadaCoach Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 28, 2019
    No coach is perfect. He does some interesting, innovative things, and some dumb things, like playing a high line against Chelsea while a man down which gifted them 3 goals.

9. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    He will get it right if his effing stupid players stop getting sent off for studs first tackles. I'd have thought that he's the sort of coach who'd GRILL it into his players to keep their discipline. He has work to do on that.