Andy O Brien resigning with Caps

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by soccerman2013, Jan 12, 2015.

1. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    A source I trust has told me O Brien has agreed in principle to come back with the Caps. They are making a marketing plan for all of their various signings and player moves, so they are not sure when they will be announcing his agreement.

2. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    My source told me this afternoon that O Brien changed his mind and has not signed the offered deal and salary. My only speculation is perhaps he has found an offer for more money and wants to get as much as he can as he is close to retirement.

3. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    OB is a class professional and passionate player- always gives 100%- and along with rosales would be entering the final year of playing and then doing some coaching- both expressed interest in staying at the caps in a player-coach position for 2015

due to team structure and cost, if the caps can keep only 1 such player in that role, then rosales is a better selection because he can speak spanish and the caps have a lot of spanish-speaking players- that would be a valuable addition to the squad coaching staff- and he is well-liked and respected by the younger offensive-minded players who need to continue to develop their goal scoring skills and rosales is that type of offensive-minded player

just my personal take on it