Andrulis Stays

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol.
    Anclueless...

Classic.
    Even better than Andruloseris.

2. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Wellllllll. This just seals the deal. So much for the offseason excitement. I guess I'll try to root the quacks to the cup and call it a season.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here. I've enjoyed the banter, wit, creativity, and NON PC mindset.

Adios, Ciao, Bon Soir, later.

Raoul

3. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    The article gets even more frightening with the comments about the team not giving up on each other or the season, mutual respect, blah, blah, blah.

If that is the standard then I think that we can give up on the idea of a housecleaning or any such overhaul of the team. Which means we stand a real good shot at sitting through the same underachieving crap season again next year.

I just can't help but think that most of the team are reading this article and thinking that they have just dodged an unemployment bullet and that it is time to go out and drink to their good luck.

You really have to wonder if the coach that moved on wasn't singled out as the scapegoat and that everyone internally thinks that everything is just fine.

I hope that I am wrong and that we show up next season as the powerhouse team that we were reported to be. But right now it smells like just really crap management.

4. TomEaton

TomEaton Member

Mar 5, 2000
    Champaign, IL
    I agree to a point with Smith that there were some injuries that Andrulis couldn't do anything about. Everything else he said is just wrong. Nobody ever gave up? Everybody has confidence in the coaching? Smith must have been watching a different team than I was.

I'm afraid that we're going to see exactly what we saw at the end of Fitzgerald's reign: a coach that had clearly lost the team by the end of one season is retained to the following season until the team loses for the first two months, and then gets replaced with his assistant coach who employs the same tactics and philosophy as the guy he replaced. By June next year the club will be fighting for fourth place and Andrulis will be replaced by Warzycha.

5. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Just out of curiosity, if San Jose's collective injuries were about as bad as ours, how come they're playing Kansas City tomorrow night in the second semi-final?

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They have a coach?

Oh wait, that was rhetorical, right?

7. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Honest to G*d, you guys have my whole-hearted sympathy. After the whole Rongen thing, DC fans know what it's like to have a totally cr*p coach constantly praised and reinstated by a brainless chairman/GM.

Condolences. :(

8. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    The excitement will be unbearable

I wonder how many season tickets have been renewed since the big announcement?

The Crew may been the most underachieving team in MLS history this season. So why not bring back the coach!

This is the second worst decision in MLS history, following the Revolution's hiring of Walter Zenga, a certifiable lunatic, as head coach.

Rongen in DC?
    They won a title with him, didn't they?

9. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Yes.

I'll take a certifiable lunatic any day over Andrulis, one who smokes two packs and runs up and down the sidelines in his suit and tie. Might bring some life into this dying club.

10. Adrian

Adrian Member

Columbus Crew
    England
    May 9, 1999
    Plain City, OH, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This dying club?

Dying club? That's a bit melodramatic.