Andrulis Stays

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Nov 13, 2003.

1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    There is a story on mlsnet that Greg and Bob will be coaching again next year. I did not read it because I just ate and the headline was all I needed to see.

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Him and (can't think of his name the ex-goalkeeper) were at SAS Stadium in Cary last night for the ACC Tourney. Hankinson was there, as was the Burn's interim coach. Laurie Calloway was there, too. Those are the ones I recognized, but I'm sure some other folks of note were there, too.

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/clb1113andrulis.html

"Following a comprehensive, top-to-bottom review of the 2003 season with our ownership group, we are pleased to announce that Greg and Robert will be Crew coaches for the 2004 season," said Smith. "We continue to believe that they are well-suited to lead the Columbus Crew and provide us the greatest opportunity to succeed at this time. It has been well documented that we experienced an unlikely succession of setbacks during a disappointing 2003 campaign, but neither the coaches nor the players ever gave up on the season or wavered in their commitment to each other. That environment of mutual respect, which Greg and Robert were instrumental in creating, is the foundation of a successful team and we look forward to bigger and better things in 2004."

4. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    "I am pleased to return to finish the job that is undone," said Andrulis. "And that is to lead the Columbus Crew to the MLS Cup in 2004."

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We knew it was coming, still this feels like a swift kick to the nuts. Which inevitably leads to the feeling of throwing up.

Fcukin disgraceful.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Can we just forfeit the 2004 season?

Jim Smith's said to be calling Lamar right now. Asking about why Columbus has a drop-off in season ticket sales.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jim Smith is a lying piece of crap. This "top to bottom evaluation" was done in about 20 seconds. It's another fraud, an insult. He's nothing but a lying little weasel.

So what now - the team blows, Greg gets the can and Robert gets a contract when he takes over and they don't stink quite so badly?

Like I've been saying - this isn't just for a few months of 2004, this is a sentence until 2007.

I hate these people. Who cares that they love taking warm showers together? What does that have to do with competence?

What a crock. Screw them all.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I hope that when Jimbo moves on from the crew, which he eventually will since he doesn't give a goddamn about the team or the fans, that he fails compltely at his next job. I hope he is eating out of dumpsters, that dishonest sack of *#*#*#*#.

9. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I blame McBride. If he would've kicked in Ned's door and said no way that fvck stays, then Greggie would be gone.

Yeah, I know that this is an irrational move, but so is keeping the WORST FVCKING COACH IN THE LEAGUE.

I can't even begin to drink off this misery.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Still, you'd be crazy not to try.

11. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Krypto-I take it this is what we got from Dallas for Dunseth?

Oh, and Nietzsche was right: God is dead. Along with all the other deities (because I was praying to them all that this announcement would not come).

12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn,,,this surprised the crap out of me. Obviously the powers to be are clueless. Andrulis is pathetic. I feel for you guys,,,,know one knows about bad coaches more than Revs fans. Finally we have a good one,,,and maybe one day,,,soon, very soon,,,you will have one too.

13. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

14. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    what makes it worse- LA made the playoffs and even won a playoff game, but their coaches appear to be departing
    plus, DC made the playoffs, and Hudson could be on the way out.

15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Somewhat related, but in case you missed it Dallas is moving back to the Cotton Bowl for 2004. I think that's an example of something not working out as planned for HSG so they responded by making the necessary changes.

16. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    that's probably because (ex) Burn GM Swift knew what the fans wanted and did the right thing. Obviously, Smith has no sense of what the fans want, and can't see the facts right in front of him.

17. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Go back to shooting crap pictures, you wrong-thread posting worthless sack of crap.

18. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Thanks for the kind words, shirt... I was thinking about trying to get orders to Wright-Patt to be closer to family, in-laws, and Crew games, but now, I'm more than happy to stay in North Dakota.

19. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Man, only one word comes to mind. What was it? Oh, yeah, now I remember.

*#*#*#*#*#*#!!!!!!

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What the hell is your problem?
    [​IMG]

21. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    I hope you've done all of the following:
    Disclaimer: The photos and movies available here may be freely distributed for personal use with the following conditions:
    The photographer is notified of their use or distribution.
    Proper attribution accompanies them.
    A link is provided to this web page: http://www.ibiblio.org/footy/
    ;)

22. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    not surprised at all, we all knew this was coming...

sure doesn't make it any better. i will give greg the benefit of the doubt, it sucks but i am here to support my team...hell as an ohio state fan i lived through cooper for more than a decade, i 'think' i can handle this one. hopefully he and jim can sign some good players in the coming months and lead this team in a positive direction next year...

i just hope he leads the crew to mls cup 2004 and then we can all eat crow next year at this time.

23. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anything has to be better than Whynot north dakota! Never had the pleasure of being stationed up there. Besides, 2005 there will be a team in cleveland you can cheer for;)

24. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    They never gave up - that's why they're keeping Anclueless? Hey, Wile E. Coyote never gave up, either, and the moral of the story is he fell off a cliff.

25. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    What a load of crap. I have no loyalties to the Crew until Andrulis and Co. are out. I refuse to play along with this mediocrity trash. Maybe they will get the point when 10,000 people show up for the home opener, which they will lose. As of now, I have better things to spend my money on.