Andrew Daniels going back to school??

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by drace768, Mar 16, 2007.

1. drace768

drace768 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    From the FC Dallas Blog:

"The entire team is traveling, with the exception of rookie Andrew Daniels, who was given permission to return to school this week."

Do we retain Daniels's rights or has he been cut? If he has not been cut does he still take up a developmental roster spot? Is this similar to Ibrahim staying at Bradenton?

Buzz, a little help.

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could he not go to school int the area and stay on the developmental roster? How much time could it take out of his week to play on the developmental team?

3. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    If he were quitting the team, he wouldn't really need permission to go back to school. He could just go.

I bet this is about taking some exams or otherwise arranging to finish his degree.

4. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    For the record, Leo Cullen went to school throughout preseason camp (and some early season games) while he was signed by the Rapids, so it's entirely possible that Daniels is following the same path.

5. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    didnt he recently do this too? like before the team went to brazil? my guess is he is just finishing up course work

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was making arrangements with Brown to finish his education from Dallas.

So maybe this is just a trip up there for some reason for "this week."

I seriously doubt he has been cut given how much Morrow thinks of his upside and it says he was given permission. if he had been cut he wouldn't need permission.

I will try and find out more.