Andres Mendoza

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jericho, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was your staunchest supporter. After tonight however. I have only one thing to say

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxaYgIhjsFs"]YouTube - Song For Dumped BEN FOLDS FIVE Live[/ame]

Give me my money back you b\\\h.

2. BuckEyeDoc

BuckEyeDoc New Member

May 12, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm tired of even talking about him. Is that bad?

4. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And don't forget my f*cking t-shirts.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    name one other attacking player who was any better tonight.

6. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a question of god..mn effort

At least there was some hustle and SOG from EVERYONE ELSE.

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played 5 minutes and go no service at all. I thought it was a poor performance all around tonight. Really unhappy with what i saw. Only good point was that it didn't start raining until after the 80th minute.

8. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm unhappy with everything I saw, but where does the buck stop?

More angry at his lack of effort than anything else

9. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    So when can we get rid of Mendoza. He is a waste of cap space.

10. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Garaunteed salary. I think Bliss or McCullers mentioned in the Dispatch article, if they do decide to cut him, they "may" not be on the hook for all of it.

11. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    I would take a 90 year old GBS over Mendoza anyday. I would hope that the Crew patch things up with GBS and bring him on in Management somewhere. Maybe he could talk Messi to one day wear the Yellow and Black.

12. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    What did Mendoza do last night that makes people particularly angry? He only played a few minutes to no great effect but didn't blow a sitter or anything.

13. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well he didnt do anything wrong in those few minutes per se, but for me I dont like that just under %25 of our entire team salary is tied up into a guy that only played a few minutes to no great effect

14. ferrigamo

ferrigamo Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Springfield, Ohio
    It is strictly frustration that our highest paid player, by a long shot, and a designated player is not only not playing 90 every game, but when he is in, he is not getting the job done.

15. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Ok, but do you think it's an injustice that Mendoza isn't starting? I don't. This is simply a situation where the coach and front office have very different values on a player. It will be interesting to see if Warzycha sticks to his guns if the team isn't getting good results without Mendoza.

16. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the bar has been set for a DP for this team and I think it will be hard for anybody to come in and play.
    [​IMG]

17. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Yea if your going to be a DP for this team you Eiter need to be a creator or a scorer.

18. MassiveFan

MassiveFan Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think what they see in Mendoza is that he is really the only one on the team that can REALLY strike a ball. tRR whiffs; Duka hits it in the 200 level; Renteria only knows what power is (yeah, I know he has scored several this season, but overall, his shots are erratic--at best).

Mendoza can truly strike a ball. The problem is--which everyone else is commenting on--is that he sucks at about all other parts of the game; the most frustrating is that he hustles like it's a pickup game in Peru.

19. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyRKFBrUuw"]YouTube - (2-0) Boca 2 River 0 Clausura 2011 Gol de Martin Palermo (Relato Walter Saavedra )[/ame]

20. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    A rookie out of college come on before him, did you see the impact he made? Mendoza comes on and turns the ball over I would say at least three times, in a short period of time. Imagine if we were bringing GBS off the bench.

Mendoza has been starting on the bench ever since Renteria was fully fit and there is no fire or passion to fight for his place. Waste of space, and waste of money. He has no excuses.

21. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Mendoza salary + Warzycha salary > Sigi salary. If so, I can think of a good trade.

22. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Surprised that Shawn's Blog entry has not been posted already:

More from Mendoza

Though his interpreter did the Spanish to English interpretation, my personal interpretation of his English quotes raise the alarms.

Basically, in a nutshell, a summary:

"In MLS you have to run a lot and I do not do that."

"I like the city but I am lonely as my girlfriend and child will not come live with me."

Sure the first re-quote is a bit over-exaggerated but probably makes the point which we have all known and seen.

Couple this with the McCullers' quote about not necessarily being on the salary cap hook for all of Mendoza's pay and the signing of a homegrown forward, is the writing finally on the wall?

Summer Transfer Window is opening soon, could we work a deal to ship him off and cover part of his salary under the new team? That way we get him shipped off elsewhere and that team could help remove some of the cap burden.

23. ForzaGialloneri

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is a walking terrible PR machine for himself. I don't think I've ever disliked a Crew player as much as this bastard.

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ante Razov?

25. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Behind the scenes, I'm wondering if the team is looking to wheel and deal this guy out of Columbus. This all seems like Herrera redux i.e. bringing in an iffy striker to see him not materialize for whatever reason. It's a double whammy of shame/loss of face. For one, whoever scouts these scrubs and then these scrubs not performing to whatever standards. As always, when there is a problem, there has to be a look at the overall system/culture in place that stifles productive results. It's easy to blame the ultimate entertainer, but who hires the entertainer? Why is the player not happy or motivated? Sure these are grown-ass men so they should theoretically be able to motivate themselves. But if there isn't a company culture that puts an emphasis on total quality management, we will see players with a 'fahk it' attitude.

Human Relations Communications class is fantastic!